No drop-down list to choose render engine?

Hi, I’m new to using Blender and Yafray. I’ve been trying to set up Blender to use Yafray 0.1.1, but so far I only can find the XML exporter. I’m using Blender 2.4.9b on windows 7, and I have both installed (just followed the default install instructions). Python’s also installed on my computer.

I attached the screen-shot of the render tab that should have the drop-down menu to let you change the render engine being used, but as you can see it’s not there (I checked around the rest of the panel using the middle-click drag to make sure everything else is empty).

The blender cmd log only has this information:

Compiled with Python version 2.6.2.
Checking for installed Python… got it!
Also, as a small side-note, I saw a post somewhere that claimed Blender’s internal render engine was going to possibly support caustics… is this feature in Blender 2.49, and if so, where do I find it? If not, when can we expect to see this feature available? :yes:

Attachments

http://www.yafaray.org/documentation/install

Because yafray is no longer in development, and has not been for a number of years, it has been removed from blender 2.49. There are a number of 3rd party renderers that can integrate with blender via python scripts such as yafaray (note different spelling), luxrender etc.

Richard