No more teams

Oh Yeah, i have seen many dramas myself on period of 1 yr.This is the latest.

A bunch of lonely wolf cubs are trying to form a wolf pack :D.

How could that work? (serious question)

I try to have a nice friendly legitimate topic, and I get attacked by many for it. See this is why this forum sucks, because everyone comes out of the woodwork and opens their mouth and starts an argument. I don’t feel I need to defend myself, because I didn’t do anything wrong.

Don’t let people bait you. If you feel that is the case, don’t respond to them. This thread is likely approaching being locked due to the nature of the discussion since it is beginning to turn into name calling. The focus should be what makes a team successful not why people suck.

Try not to start topics that are personally charged, they spiral down hill regardless of their sincerity.

Monster: I remember mmphs’s project which was 90% rookies that managed to get out a game. To be honest I never would have thought a final product could have come out of such a situation. A core team of about 3 people held it together while probably 20 or more people chipped in a little here and there. It surprised me to say the least. Dedication can count for almost everything (maybe not quality) but if one person is going to see it through regardless of the bull … it will work. Their success wasn’t the team aspect that one would expect, but it worked … :s

I try to have a nice friendly legitimate topic, and I get attacked by many for it. See this is why this forum sucks, because everyone comes out of the woodwork and opens their mouth and starts an argument. I don’t feel I need to defend myself, because I didn’t do anything wrong.

Well, your OP looks like a tweet so I don’t know where you expected this thread to go. You’re inviting people to have an argument by saying that this forum sucks and just because someone is arguing their point or against your own point doesn’t necessarily mean they are attacking you.

If you are going to post an opinion (nothing but drama comes from teams) than expect someone to have a different opinion to that and expect them to argue their own opinion. Theres nothing wrong with that. Besides, most people in this thread have backed your opinion up, so whats the matter?

@jessegp:
The serious question got a serious answer!

That is what I wanted to read :). Thanks

Beside all the tasks that needs to be done to run a game project (modelling, designing, programming etc.) you need team management too. It will be an essential part of the project if you have a team. And it is surely not easy.

Monster

So by me saying “Sorry I won’t be joining anymore teams” it automatically means I am looking to pick a fight with someone? This is a discussion thread, meaning general topics in BGE. Meaning I can have a discussion on anything relating to BGE. It was a simple message, and I am being kicked out of blender artists for just saying I will be doing my own projects from now on.

You’re not being kicked out of anywhere - as long as you don’t personally threaten, insult, or attack anyone, you have a say in discussions on BlenderArtists. If you’ve had problems with teams before but still want to work with a team, just get someone that you trust more-so.

If you have people newer to the BGE and game design on your team, then you can probably guess that it will be more difficult than if you had even just one solid team-mate. Teams don’t have to be huge - like Jesse said, games can be made with just a couple of people to help you, or even alone.

But if you don’t wish to join teams anymore, that’s fine - some people don’t like teams much, and would rather work alone. There’s nothing wrong with that, either. Some great games have been made by completely solitary individuals.

o.o lol, it is kind of full of drama, but let people get out their anger and frustration here, me personally, I suck at making games…ive been trying to get a map to appear snowy for like 3 days now, and it still just shows up white in GLsL T~T…wonder what Im doing wrong

Hm. Maybe you should create a topic for that, Moose (are you sure you’re in Textured mode and that your materials have textures on them?).

Finally someone who understands. Yeah I don’t attack, insult or threaten anyone. I’ve always been nice and helpful on here.
All I wanted to do was let people know about my status of project helping, so I’d stop getting so many messages. On another game development forum I have two guys begging me to help them with their game, but I have to say no.

So once again, all I said is I won’t be joining teams anymore, case closed.

haah, I did start a thread, but noone really posts on it…Im not sure what you mean? Do you mean that I have to make the texture GLSL before it will show in GLSL?
Not sure how you would go about that?
Ill start a thread called Snowy Map problem
please reply there "D

What he means is there is 5 modes, (4 in 2.5X), such as wireframe, shaded, textured, etc. Change it to the top one. For the texturing of the objects, you can use the texture tab to make clouds and all, or you can use an image and use UV to apply it.

oh ok, thank you fayt, I know you said you werent joining any more teams, but would you “help” me if I paypal’d you ten bucks?
I just want to learn a few things about the BGE, and I have no clue how to go about it, as mostly everything Ive seen just confuses me more :stuck_out_tongue:

No need for money, not interested in a team, but if you want to PM me for help once in awhile that’s cool. I don’t mind helping you learn. I am not a blender guru or anything, but I can get around pretty good.

No, thats not what I said at all. What I said was: if you post an opinion than expect someone to disagree.

Also, an argument is not always a fight.

No one in this thread has attacked you, quote the posts where people have attacked you in them. Apparently there is many.

I think that you should sent PM for the guys who wanted your help instead of create a thread for that, that was your mistake.
Personally I think that you are trying to impress somebody or something, but that is my opinnion. But let me ask you something, if you say that you dont done anything wrong why are you trying to defend yourself? Let them talk and forget about this thread and in two days nobody ll post here anymore, let go!

aha!! leonnn has it all figured out XO

This is another rude post, why would I try to impress people? what would I gain from it? It’s pretty stupid to try to impress people. I already ended this topic, but people are keeping it alive.

This is another rude post,
I don’t see this as being particularly rude. You should be a little more thick skinned.

It’s pretty stupid to try to impress people
It is but your initial post could easily be interpreted as such.

I already ended this topic, but people are keeping it alive
Its called a forum. Users are able to keep threads active as long as they see fit as long as they are on topic and the forum rules are followed. You should consider this whenever you start a new thread.