No suitable context info for active keying set

I get this error every time I try and create a keyframe in 2.5.

“No suitable context info for active keying set”

Anyone know whats going on?

1 Like

Did you figure this out? I am having the same issue. Blender 2.5 Mac osx
Thanks

I don’t know if this will work, but go to the Scene buttons and there is a list of keying sets. Try deleting a set(s) if you see any. By default there should be no keysets. So maybe somewhere you accidentally created a new keyset (maybe there’s a shortcut key we don’t know we’re hitting). A keying set will add keys to whatever parameters are included within that set. So maybe a blank keyset was made. Anyway let me know too cuz I’ve been on my own little adventure trying to figure out what keying sets are all about. I randomly lose the ability to key certain bones while animating and have yet to find out why. Good luck.

Hello everyone,
I have the same problem.

trying to figure out for now…

I checked like Ghost_Train said…

no keying set there…

Edit:

as always…

the response is really simple.

bpy.ops.anim.keyframe_insert_menu(type=1)

Not 1 but -1 or - what ever

difficult to see but with i and the mouse on, you will see the code

bpy.ops.anim.keyframe_insert_menu(type=-1)

@tsurubaso:Where can i change this parameters? I have the same problem, but i dont know how to change that things you talk about!

I had this too: It depends on the setting in the dropdown list “Active Keying Set …” in timeline editor.

If “Available” is set, the I hotkey doesn’t work. Delete it and it will do. “ButtonKeyingSet” lets you insert keyframes via right mouse click in Properties panel if you hover the mouse over rotation, location, …

You can delete the wrong keyingset in the scene button (press the “-”)(right to render buttons).

I accidentally created a keying set and couldn’t create any frames with “i”. That makes it work again. thanks all :D.

Does the mesh need to be in tris or quads?

I keep getting “No active Keying Set”, what does that mean and how can i fix it. How do you export a psk and psa in blender to udk? All i want my object to do is spin, but i am having major problems doing this.

You were right about this. And with version 2.61 the problem still exists. Somehow a keying set was accidentally created preventing the insert keyframe menu from appearing while I was animating a very simple scene. I thought the file had become corrupted and I almost deleted it to start over when I found this posting…

you are supposed to be able to click on the keys button next to where it says what keyset is in use, and then select set to default to turn off selected keysets. I find that this frequently doesn’t work. My work around is go to the scene properties. You will most likely see NO keysets. You need to make one and then delete it and the keyset window went blank again for me allowing ‘I’ to be used again properly. This is really squirrely a “sometimes it works” kind of problem.

See title…

Same thing happened to me when I was in weight paint mode and as soon as I clicked on the armature and went into pose mode I get all the options.

Timeline Tab (Shift+F12)
On the left next to Playback, Click on Keying.
Change the Active Keying Set (yours might be set to available, change that to rotation for example).

Had the same error… every time I click “I”

But to solve It go to time-line and in beside it go to keying…
And clear the first bar .