NO UNDO? still?

If you had any brains you would save each version of your creation in a new file, and make sure you always save a new version before you try anything risky.

You’re just proving my point. I DO save each version. It’s a bad workaround to what is an easy and quick function on other programs. Again, I love Blender & use it all the time. But to say you don’t even WANT an undo just shows that you have little to no experience in the industry. You’re proving my point: blind love of Blender (which I understand since it’s so darn good). But don’t sell blender short by saying you don’t want a new function. That’s just weird.

If you want to say I have no brains at all, that’s fine, but you need to find a new forum. Elysiun is not for you.

I agree that an undo feature would be useful in blender, but won’t it clog up ram? I would not sacrifice performance for convenience!

All I will say is…

We all OWN Blender…

Do you own Houdini?

Also if you want to bitch about a feature that isn’t included in FREE software, go to the .org site and request this like everyone else. If you took the time to read it, you would see that is is NOT old news.

Check this thread out…

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=974

And don’t complain about the ability you have to service your clients. It is not the softwares fault that you cannot give your client what they want. But those of us who you Blender for paying work don’t have to pay $17,000 to make clients happy, we charge them for our time, NOT the ability to UNDO.

If undo is going to cost me $1,000-$17,000 I will say no.

Live with it! The easy answer is don’t screw up. Take the time that you spend here bitching about the software and instead spend that time becoming more proficient with Blender.

That’s my $3.82 worth :smiley:

Atomike: Im not saying I wouldn’t like a proper undo feature in Blender, it certianly wouldn’t hurt, but its not exactly top of my list for new features, not when theres so many other bugs and troubles in blender that REALLY need sorting out.

If you want to say I have no brains at all, that’s fine, but you need to find a new forum. Elysiun is not for you.

Sorry about that, i guess I just get pissed off with pathetic people like harlequin who openly dis a program because of a little thing like it not having an undo feature, and cos he thinks blender cant do simple tasks when infact he just didn’t bother to learn how to do them in blender. I guess i thought u were doin the same. sorry :expressionless:

Keith.

I completely agree. Blender is so good, the lack of an ‘undo’ is, to me, relatively minor. But like you, I would like to see it eventually. I just don’t want the volunteer developers to think that we never ever want to see it.
But just so there is no confusion, my vote for “best freeware program currently in existence”: Blender all the way.