Node appearance

Is Blender Artists a place where I can make a feature request?

In software that I use for document production, called Quadient Inspire, there’s a toggle switch called “Intelligent Connections”. All it really does is make the lines between nodes not-diagonal, like so:

In Blender, I have to use Reroute, which isn’t too bad but it would be cool to not need to do that:

That’s all. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

https://blender.community/c/rightclickselect/ is for feature requests. I’d add some houdini node features to it as well, node shapes, shake disconnect, things like that.

Cool house model btw. :slight_smile:

Sounds good, I’ll ask over at that link.

Not my mesh; it was a freebie I found on either TurboSquid or Blender Market. I’ll have to look up the original item and post the artist’s name if I can remember to. Whoever he/she is does nice work. :slight_smile:

If you open Preferences, go to Themes, open up the Node Editor sub menu, towards the bottom is an option called “Noodle Curving” that turns the straight diagonal line into a curved line that can be easier to follow. Unfortunately it doesn’t go all the way to being 90 degree right angle straight lines like in your example, but it’s close.

2 Likes

Yeah, and I wish that we could attach Bezier control-points to those curves. In other words, to treat them as Bezier curves as we can now do in other parts of Blender. (And show-and-hide the points with a simple toggle.) That would make it effortless to rearrange the noodles for greater clarity, and to keep the diagram clean of control-point clutter.)