Node Wrangler - Lazy connect and Lazy Mix shortcuts have changed 2.8

For the past few days I am noticing that the Lazy Mix shortcut is changed to ctrl+shift+right click drag
Lazy connect shortcut has become alt+right click drag. Can’t find the lazy connect with menu (ctrl+right click drag is now disconnect tool).

These are some of the most used Node-wrangler shortcuts I use so having a bit of problem with these sudden changes. If it’s for some larger benefit I am okay to adopt but I can’t seem to find any detail regarding these changes - is it updated anywhere?

1 Like

Check this developer commits:

There he says:

Since CTRL+LMB is now taken by ‘cut links’ in blenders default keymap,
this was conflicting with nodewranglers ‘lazy connect’ and unfortunately
we have to step aside here.

This commit shifts shortcuts:

lazy connect (CTRL+LMB → ALT+RMB)
lazy connect with menu (CTRL+SHIFT+LMB → ALT+SHIFT+RMB)
lazy mix (ALT+RMB → CTRL+SHIFT+RMB)

This keeps the two ‘lazy Connect’ on a common “base” key and just moves
‘lazy mix’

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Is it possible that “lazy connect” (ALT+RMB) is not working in Linux?

I just tried it but nothing happens. :frowning:

Hi.
Depending on your distro/desktop:
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/getting_started/installing/linux.html#avoiding-alt-mouse-conflict

https://blenderartists.org/t/shortcuts-issue-with-linux-mint-19/1157864/9

Thanks for you reply. I did now set the Super Key to resize windows according to your link. That’s working fine. I then enabled three mouse buttons in blender. That did not change anything. I rebootet several times. If I press now the left ALT key I can see in blender on the bottom line “lazy connect” and the mouse symbol with the right mouse button. So it should work - right? But maybe I am still missing something cause it is still not working. :astonished:
I then tried to change the key in Blender to CTRL / SHIFT + RMB - still no change.
ALT + SHIFT for selecting Edge-Loops is working fine … So I am not sure if my ALT key is mapped wrongly. :grey_question:

If you go to preferences and to the node wrangler addon and expand the panel, I think all the keymaps are listed there.

Right. I already changed the mapping. But that did not help. I will do some more investigation in the next days. Thanks for your help! If I find out what is going wrong I will report back!

1 Like

You keep Emulate 3 button mouse option disabled (the box being unchecked). This was not necessary for your problem. The only thing you had to do was modify the behavior of Alt key in your distro. If it isn’t working, I really don’t know what the problem might be.

Ok, I disabled three 3 button support again. But still no change. I have to check what I did to my ALT key. Thanks for your help!

I created patch for pbr with minomal textures suffixes
d m r n …

https://github.com/brothermechanic/cg/blob/master/local-patches/blender/node_wrangler.patch

but i can’t to create separate RGB for orm texture