Noise Map as Factor Input to Mix Node

I’m running the Game Engine, and I’m having a hard time finding tutorials on nodes that aren’t specific to the Cycles Engine. What I’m trying to do is apply a noise map as the factor to a Mix RGB node. So it might look like the attached image. While it shows the noise map mixing the RGB values of the textures in the node editor, when I run the game engine the textures are not mixed and I get only the grass texture.

As an additional question, is there a way to input an XYZ value (not of the object, perhaps of each vert) as a factor?

I think node setups with procedural textures are not supported in the BGE. Instead you need to bake the image (with your node setup) and use the baked texture in the BGE.
Reference (may be this is outdated!):http://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/5701/does-the-blender-game-engine-support-texture-nodes

You can, for instance, use vert color to apply textures, even real time. I wrote a nice script showing how this works, getting each vert’s vector and using it to change each color channel’s strength. Red channel being strong applies more grass. Blue applies more stone. The next step, I hope, is to use a noise map to be able to mix different versions of similar textures together, to add variety to even faces.

This isn’t me arguing, I just haven’t been able to find a solid reference that shows what nodes can do in the BGE. For instance, I wouldn’t have considered using a noise map “procedural” in the way I want to use it. At least, no more “procedural” than using vert color to change texture visibility/strength.