Noob Animation Project (Name Later)

Hello BlenderArtists, you may have seen me around. You may have also seen the Noob project in the Games section of this forum. I am not by any means a noob to Blender, as I have had close to four years experience by now. However, I thought it would be nice for somebody to organize an animation project that new Blender users can learn through.

Anybody interested contact me through this thread or my email at:
Micahsking(at)gmail(dot)com

I am not giving out ideas for an animation right now, however, I am asking for people that can. I am mainly organizing this project. Perhaps I can help some as well.

What we need right now:

Modelers(3-5)

• Character(1-2)
  • Props (1-2)
  • Organics(1-2)

Texture Artists(1-2)

Texturers(2-4)

• Organics(1-2)
  • Non-Organic(1-2)

Concept Artists(2-3)

Python Scripters(2-3)

Animators(4-5)

Story Writers(1-2)

Sound Designers(5-6)

• FX(1-2)
  • Voices(at least 3 to start)
  • Other

Rigger(1 or 2)

• Someone who can rig characters, animals, etc.

Any other position you would like to fill ask me.

Altogether we need a team of about 20 noobs. Join today. I can fill any vacant places excepting perhaps Python. Contact me.

Current Team:
micah702 (modeling, texturing, sound design, rigging, texture artist, concept art, animating, story writer)
stuart.t (modeling,texturing)
MrStugelmayer (texture artist, rigger)
GraphiX (modeling, story writer, concept art)
SSimpossible (modeling, music)
striker365 (Texturing)
AquaProductions (modeling)
quinty_68 (modeling)
manmen111 (modeling)
jm82792 (animation)

I would be interested, not a complete noob, but still a lot to learn.

Would be more interested in Modelers/Texturing.

I’m intrested in being a texture artist/rigger. I can also help out with Modeling if needed, I would rather let someone else take it that needs to learn more about modelling though.

PM me if you need any modeling. Assuming that you need more then one model (which you no doubt will) both MrStugelmayer, me, and several other people can all contribute. I can also contribute in the story department. My friend does some python (mostly games but he might be able to script for blender). Also my friend and I are starting an animation and we are gonna be barrowing some good recording equipment from a friend some time soon and we can record some foley for you if you want.

Cheers, GraphiX

Yes thank you all for replying. Non-noobs can join too! I’m not saying it’s ONLY noob project, just that this is one that anyone can join.

Here’s the character sketch that I drew for the fun of. It wouldn’t so much be an interesting character (more mysterious) but it would help for learning cloth sym.

Looks good, that can be the bad guy, there will also be a young boy who is the main character. He should be an orphan lol.

If you’d like, I can model the props, or at least some of them. Just tell me what you need, and I’ll get started! :slight_smile:

SSimpossible, you’re in. We don’t need anything just yet! But if you think of something we need from the 1800’s, model it.

Writing a basic idea document. Will include things like setting, genre, characters, etc.

I could also do music, but you probably wouldn’t want that, as my only available instruments are guitar, bass, piano, and drums. If my keyboard was fixed, I’d have a wider variety. Sorry.

http://www.ushist.com/19th-century_wardrobe_f.shtml
Clothing for 1800’s

and SSimpossible, that’s fine, go ahead if you want :smiley: My keyboard is broken too otherwise I am sure I would make music as that’s my life xD

If I am creating some of the music, I’ll obviously have to wait for the storyline to be written, or at least a basic idea of it; knowing what the scenes are about can greatly improve what I create. The keyboard actually has a warranty, but I can’t find the receipt :o Sorry about that. I’ll either find it, or try to get the keyboard repaired. I think that’s necessary since it definitely needs strings (violin, cello). Pretty much every movie/short film I’ve ever seen has strings in it. Oh, and I have two electric guitars, and one acoustic. Just letting you know.

If you’re good at composing, check out musescore. Also, we can find a piece by Mozart (a concerto?)
Because I play cello, and a piano and a cello/string instrument are just asking for classical music.

For this film, I’m not sure yet, but I may try for about a half hour. It will be hard, but I have a story that will last at least that long so we are good there. It’s fantasy in the early 1800’s by the way.

Oh, BTW, just a quick doodle. And yes that is a shotgun.

@ GraphiX, do you have any recording knowledge? If so, then I could record everything I could, post a link to the recording, and you could record over it; if you wanted.

Nice, and they will need guns because towards the end it gets violent according to my story :open_mouth:
And BTW here’s some samples of my music.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Micah702?feature=mhum

@ micah702, Do you have windows media player on your computer?

@Ssimpossible sure. Just scan the score and send that to me too. Oh, and If you just want the guns to be regular 1800 like guns then I can get started on those right now.