I’ve got the 2.61 release of blender, 64-bit, mac os-x.
See attached file.
- I deleted the cube, created a UV sphere.
- Smoothed it, subsurfed it, increased the rings, etc.
- Made sure vertices were all selected (and faces in face mode).
- Created a new material.
- Changed the specular/hardness ratings to max, changed the specular color to a light yellow (I’m making a gold sphere).
- Added a texture.
- Made of type Blend (it doesn’t really matter).
- Under Ramp, deleted all the bands and essentially set it to a solid goldish-colored yellow.
Far as I can tell, the material and texture are applied (the specular highlight shows up in the editor), BUT, the texture does not show up in the editor window. The texture/material preview reflects the changes.
The texture will not render, but the material does.
What did I miss??? I’ve searched/googled for answers for over an hour to no avail (checked the man pages too).
Peace, Love, and Light!!!
goldsphere.blend (517 KB)