noob questions

Well here goes :expressionless:

1. Hey i just wanted to know how to smoothen an object. Like when i add a Uv sphere and when i render it i can see squares on the sphere. How do i remove them?

2. Lets say i have a circle with 32 vertices. If i have selected 10 vertices and i want to make them protrude out of the circle, to give the circle a bumbpy effect how to i do that? I know how to do that but i can only do it 1 vertex at a time.

Errr thats all i can remember for now, i have more questions , i hope youll help me out when i can remember them

1. out of edit mode push the button set smooth in the edit mesh buttons.(or how do you call it)

2)donā€™t know for sure what youā€™re trying to achieve but select the vertices and push (S ) scale .

hope this helps.

Wyvern

1. Already answered

2. Either the answer you got, or via the ā€˜Extrudeā€™ command - EKEY

Iā€™d like nevertheless to stress the existence of a Blender Online manual, which can also be downloaded, both in HTML and PDF, located bottom right in elYsiun homepageā€¦

Stefano

Bumpy? Well, you could do this a couple of ways:

[>] First I would suggest using Blenderā€™s NOR (Bump) map feature by applying a stucco texture to the sphere.

[>] Second, you could try randomizing the verticesā€¦I am at work so I cannot call up Blender to tell you exactly how to do it but if I recall it is located in the ā€œEdit Buttonsā€ (F9) or the ā€œSpecialsā€ menu (W) of Blender. It basically takes the vertices and messes them up a little. Use this in conjunction with the EXTRUDE (E) feature and you are in there buddy.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

Cheers,
Landis

hey landisā€¦

I think you got it all wrong, the correct answer is already answered, sorry dude/friend :wink: not meaning to be awfull or something, it just seems he forgot to push ā€œset smoothā€ buttonā€¦in edit buttons (F9) :wink: can happen to every n00b out there :smiley:

:wink:

LOLā€¦no no noā€¦both of my answers are for the second question (the ā€œbumpyā€ one) that he askedā€¦I knew that the first one was already asnwered so I gave him a couple of options for the second one.

Cheers,
Landis