Nordic Landscape

This is a Scene I have been working on for the last few days. I rendered the Layers in Cycles and composed them together with Gimp. The Skytexture is from texturex.com
I hope you like it :slight_smile:

I also made a breakdown/tutorial about the scene
https://youtu.be/7IXBOmimwbg

hi,
there are nice ideas there, but the grass looks like a single carpet; you should use some textures to modify this. Additionally, those random placed trees on the grass look strange…
Apart from that, i like the landscape itself. its just unfitting that you have mountains with trees in the foreground and mountains with ice an visible stone in the background.
htmlooser

Nice!
I agree with htmlooser, your scene look too-perfect, an the background doesn’t match.
Also, great colors and the clouds-shadows was done correctly.

Hey thank you very much for your feedback :slight_smile: I changed some things you mentioned. I know the huge snowmountains does not fit perfectly, but i like it too much to not use it :slight_smile:

Hi. I.m just being curious, but, how many particles are involved here?

It’s 770100 Grass Particles (Grass Essentials Pack), 160 trees in the froeground and 195000 Trees in the Background :slight_smile:

Just a quick observation from someone living in Sweden. Scandinavian mountains are all round and low because the area is geologically very old and worn out. Not pointy like the ones in the far back. Those look more like the alps, which hasn’t been around long enough for the wind to rount out the roughness.

Here are some examples :slight_smile:

Hey thanks for you feedback and examples :slight_smile: to be honest i thought about the Black Forest with the Alps in the Background since I live here in Germany near it, but I had no special location in mind. Maybe the title “nordic” Forest is a bit missleading then but i can’t find a better word :slight_smile:

Looks fantastic, and it took me more than one look to be convinced it wasn’t a photo.
What gives it away most is the grass and the trees in the foreground, not sure why. Maybe add a few more imperfections and discolorations?
Also, one thing I find odd about the forest-covered mountain on the left is that it’s pointed on top, but still completely covered by trees all the way to the top. It would probably be more realistic if there was a bit of naked rock there at the very tip.

Also, wait, let me get this straight: the trees in the background are all complete trees like the ones created in the sapling generator? How long did it take to render 195000 tree particles in one frame? (I only just started blendering you see. I’m using my lame laptop which already has trouble with a few hundred trees.)

Noo sure the Background does not contain 190000 Tree models :smiley: I rendered the trees near the Camera in different versions, applied them on planes, gave them some random colors and made them always face the camera i explained it in the tutorial :slight_smile: