I’m having trouble importing a FBX file that I exported from blender into a different program. The scene that I’m exporting is a basic cube with a diffuse map and a normal map. When I export it, and when I open the FBX file, only the diffuse texture loads. At first I thought it was a problem with the program that was opening the FBX file but when I looked at the FBX file through Notepad, there was no data about the normal map.(I searched for “normalMapFileName.jpg” and nothing came up. I also tried “.jpg” and the only hits I got was the diffuse texture file name.) Is there something that I have to do in blender to tell it to export the normal map?
The steps that I’ve taken in blender are…
- Unwrap UVs
- in the UV Editor I press Image->Open then select my diffuse Texture
3.Then I go to Object Mode, in the 3D scene.then to material tab
- Then go to texture menu, add texture, type = image, click the ‘select loaded texture’ button and select the diffuse texture that I already loaded in
- add new Texture, type = image, click load and load in the normal map texture.
6.click on normalMap under the map Image dialog.
- go back to the material menu, make sure normal map texture is checked under the texture heading. Map Input = UV Map To = NOR
- select the diffuse map texture and set Map Input to UV and Map To to Col (default)
Am I doing everything correctly? It seems like I am? I haven’t used Blender much, so its possible.
Any help would be appreciated!
When I try and export as an FBX and select the copy images, it doesn’t copy the normal map texture. Its almost like blender doesn’t recognize that its in my project?