Normal map from Substance Painter doesn't look right

Hello! How do I clear these artifacts?
I baked the normal maps in SP and use them in Blender but the outcome doesn’t look like in SP. My topolygy and smoothing doesn’t look clean but I think tangent normal should cover it up, right?
I use the normal maps on the same lowpoly meshes that I used for baking in SP, so the smoothing groups when baked and rendered are the same.

Triangulate the quads that make problems (horizontally!) and run it through SP again. Or maybe try it without first - maybe SP and Blender triangulate differently so see if that fixes the problem.

1 Like

Wow that worked. Thank you so much!
Is there a way I can keep it as quads? like tweaking SP’s triangulation?

It’s the mesh itself that creates the issue, SP just takes each quad and triangulates it (horizontal or vertical) and it seems that Blender and SP choose differently, that’s why it looks good in SP but doesn’t in Blender. If you triangulate yourself you make the choice. If you want it all quads, i fear you have to create a complete new topology for the lower end since there are many tri’s (and it is sub-optimal).
To avoid these kind of shading issues you need to have loops that run parallel to the edge - you have 2 creases in your mesh running perpendicular to the edge.

Thank you for the knowledge!