Normal messed up in edit mode after applying Shade smooth by angle Blender 4.1

As you can tell by the title, every time I do auto smooth by angle, it messes up the normal in edit mode but in viewport mode it comes like nothing happen.

I’m using Blender 4.1, and i even did the modifier for smooth by angle and it comes out good like first image, but once I click on apply it goes right back to the second image. I uninstall and reinstall many times and still having the same issue.

Sorry, it only let me upload one photo :confused:

Welcome :tada:

…hmm you might want to just make a reply and post the other image… t least i do not understand what you are up to… (also rotating this 90 degree doesn change much…)

hey sorry for the late reply, so what part are you not understanding?

There is no known information in the image, and the cause of the problem cannot be accurately understood because the same problem cannot be reproduced. Please share the file if you can. :thinking:

For sure.
Give me a min.
BadNormals.blend (926.6 KB)

Keep in mind, it only does it in cycles.

btw your in blender 3.6, im using blender 4.1

This is probably a difference in the mesh shading processing method that has changed since blender 4.0.

※ As there is no relevant information, it seems difficult to provide an accurate snow surface. I think someone familiar with this issue can explain. :slightly_smiling_face:

so how do i fix it? or is supposed to be like this? Thank you so much for reply and help! I really am thankful for it.

Try the WeightedNormal modifier.

So I did that, but once you apply it, it goes right back to normal being messed up.

I’m not sure what to do. :sweat_smile:
If you’re not using Shade Smooth, you’ll always have the same problem.
This is only visible in rendering and not in shading view.

Does this matter in edit mode?
If so, I think I should use blender 3.6.

I think your right ha, I think 4.1 might be buggy. Thank you again Kim, I apprentice you for the replies, if you need someone to help you on any problem you may not know ( expect for this one haha) Ill try my best to help! :100:

1 Like

Ahh yes… i totally overlooked that… so is this the smoothing is now a modifier problem ?? ( Are there any other settings ? )