NP Station

If on screen graphics weren’t needed, I think an easier solution would be to abuse header_text_set as a stand-in for a GUI. I don’t think this would have much affect on performance.

Can NP Station place blender primitives on a chamfer surface. Please see this post to see what I mean. Workplane in 2.8 and 2.79b and 2.78 Thanks

Does someone have a link for operators included with the demo gifs that used to be in the 1st thread. Does someone have a version of NPStation that works with 2.8? Thanks

I looked at that thread and am still not sure what you mean. Can you post a screenshot of what you are trying to do? I think the primitive creation tools in NP Station only snap to vertices and use global axes.

This one?

NP_float_poly / NP_float_rectangle / NP_float_box / NP_point_move/ NP_point_copy / NP_point_instance / NP_point_array / NP_roto_move / NP_point_scale / NP_point_align / NP_shader_brush / NP_point_distance

There is no version of NP Station that works with 2.80 that I know of. The version in addon-contrib (that gets included with the daily builds) was partially updated, but is still a long way from being usable in 2.80.

There used to be the link for operators and it was very useful. It had gifs showing the different functions. I believe it is the one you mentioned above. Could you repost it please. Thanks

I updated my previous post.

1 Like

A little local tweak and mod.
Changing ABC - A`B`C` order in Point Align and mod for 2D placement, based on it.

np_station (1D_mod 3).zip (114.0 KB)

Changing order gives more focus on objects during points marking - you are setting them on first object, and then you can just control where they should go, having initial point map already marked.
Maybe, also aligning B to B` instead of A to A` will be more suitable.
Can be interesting)

2D (XY) keeps Z level untouched, that allows to snap pure Z-axis rotation of objects that have variable height.
A very useful for roads and houses blocks combining.
Also, ability to set edge mode snapping is especially nice for that mod.

3 Likes

Is this the latest version? ThanksNP%20IS%20THIS%20THE%20LATEST%20VERSION

Hi 1D, Nice work and improvement !
Are you pushing those changes on github repo too ?
Could be a good idea to keep a track of work done on NP station on a single place.

did not work in b3d 2.8
i install it but is disappear in search panel

Actually, no, it is research fork)

About 2.8 - there is no sense to make 2.8 update until release.
For example, I don’t planning update our tools for a long time, partially because of my diamond donator membership, partially because grant was given for snaps improvements and it will be better to wait for 2.81

1 Like

Nice! I was considering a mod like this with “B” as the align point, but forgot about it. I think I got sidetracked experimenting with another “face align” idea that never went anywhere.

:open_mouth: And it’s implemented as a modal to!

The modded version 1D_Inc linked to is based off the 2017_09_29 version of NP Station for 2.78 / 2.79. It won’t run on 2.80.

You have an updated version of NP Station on github?! I wish I had known earlier, I would have merged those changes in to the “official” version in addons-contrib. That is where I have pushed all my NP Station updates to.

I agree, especially with the snap improvements Mano is working on that could require API changes.

I did do some experimenting with a 2.80 version of NP Station that would be based around the code changes I made for my Three Point Arch tool (with some of the API updates in the addons-contrib version of NP Station), but the code is not very far along.

1 Like

Not yet, but maybe a good idea to make a guthub repo from current addon-contrib version so anyone could contribute / branch without bf commit rights ?

I was referring to this, but on second glance this seems to be a more generalized version of point_move for external use.

I looked into a github version of NP Station, but I could not find a nice way to share commits between a github version and the one in addons-contrib (without mirroring ALL of addons-contrib). The only way to share commits seemed to be by manually copying commits from one version to the other. That would eat up a lot of time and could lead to a messy git history.

Now I wondering who is maintainer of NP_Station.
I thought Okavango is)

I still consider Okavango to be the main author and maintainer. I originally started as an assistant maintainer for NP Station. It’s just with Okavango having had almost no time to work on NP Station in the past several months, I have become something of a “de facto” maintainer.

2 Likes

A little bugfix - XY Align now totally ignores Z heights on input.
np_station (1D_mod_5).zip (114.0 KB)

2 Likes

hi, nBurn
i want to use NP to 2.8, so i try to change some code in yours, but i have a problem can’t to solve now .

can you help me~ thank you:blush:

This error looks interesting:
object has no attribute 'user_preferences'

Which version of NP Station did you try to update from? The version of NP Station in addons_contrib that is included with the daily builds should have already had all instances of:
user_preferences replaced with preferences

If you are trying to get NP Station running on 2.80, this version of NP Station from addons_contrib is what I would recommend starting from as it has already some 2.80 updates applied:

np_station_(rBAC).zip (110.6 KB)

Getting the macro setup (the foo.define('bar') code in the register functions) running right can be rather troublesome though. This is one of the reasons why I have been experimenting with a rewrite of NP Station that would use modal operators instead of macros.

Update on the experimental 2.80 version

Here is the current work-in-progress version of “point move” without macros.
Note that this is an experimental version, so it is missing some features and works a little different than the “official” 2.7x version:

np_point_move_wip.zip (2.8 KB)

point_move_wip1

This version expects LEFTCLICK to be the “point place” hotkey, but I plan to make this configurable in a future release. This is a downside to using modals in 2.80, (IIRC) it is not possible to have add-ons use the hotkey settings in user preferences. :frowning:

You can still change the add-on’s hotkeys by editing these lines in the “np_point_move_wip.py” file:

class Hotkeys:
    select = "LEFTMOUSE"
    cancel = "RIGHTMOUSE"
    cancel2 = "ESC"
5 Likes