NYGHIL | cosmic horror | short animation film EVEE

Dear Blenderartists,

after months of struggling with story/script, sculpting, scene design, lighting and effects in Blender, I finally finished my second short film project!
For those who want to take the time and are interested in cosmic horror and disturbing visuals, are very welcome to watch my new film NYGHIL.

Here is the trailer, full movie, some screenshots and official poster.

TRAILER:

FULL MOVIE:

POSTER:

Feel free to write me your opinions about it and of course I would be very happy about a like!

All scenes were rendered in Evee.
no AI - 100% handmade!

LORE:

„A faint whisper echoes through the abandoned corridors of a forgotten planet.
An effigy of the bygone days of wealth and splendour before decay and failure.

Memories of infinite darkness, utterly out of the cosmos, yet parallel to the mundane spheres of the mortal. Lurking in the deep, a maze of time – a closed gate opened by the words of the unspoken abysmal evil.

Blazing through the vastness of the universe, an Eldritch Sentinel summons the power of existence.
A bearer of light and dark is gathering the forces to complete an endless cycle of recreation
and the rise of a new eon."

STORY:

NYGHIL is another part of the ZEPHID universe. Shown is the dark guardian NYGHIL, awakened and guided by a dark indescribable power. Ordered by a dark force to deliver a cosmic god, he begins his journey in the deepest ruins of the exoplanet XEBRETH.

Stylistically and visually, the film is inspired by the stories of H.P. LOVCRAFT, as well as artists such as GIGER and BEKSINSKI.

SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE:

The 3D scenes were created entirely in Blender with render engine Evee.
Post processing and mastering as well as the visual effects were created in adobe Premiere.

Some of the audio recordings were done by myself, for example the choir recordings and the voice recordings of Laura Fish.

Many thanks to Laura Fish and Thomas Winkler for their great work and also to all you cosmic horror fans who are watching this short movie! You gave me so much inspiration for my projects!

if you want to support me and my work, feel free to leave me a like!

Setup:

Blender 3.5 /3.6 LTS
Intel core i7 8600K
Geforce RTX 1080

SCREENSHOTS:

many thanks for watching!

11 Likes

Great job! Thanks for sharing this.

1 Like

Dude! What drugs are you taking and where can I get some??

This is outstanding work!

So many questions, where to begin?

Did you do this all on your own (other than the lore/voice)?

How long did this take you?

How long did it take to render?

Are you submitting to animation festivals, etc?

What inspired you to create this?

Fantastic!

-rich

Great good job in all respects. Wow!

1 Like

Great…

Where can I see this, on a big screen in the UK?

1 Like

I have to give thanks! <3

would be great! But I think it might be a bit too early for that :wink:

1 Like

It looks amazing! I didn’t expected it to be Evee. You clearly really knew what you were doing with it.

1 Like

First of all, thank you for your comment! I would say working on the film is a drug myself :wink:
To your questions: Yes, I do everything myself, the characters, landscapes, models, audio and so on.

I started this project at the beginning of March and worked on it several hours a day until yesterday.

The render times were very different, some took up to 3 hours, others only a few minutes. (I still have a very old system, so unfortunately everything takes a bit longer).

Filmfestivals, yeah I am looking forward to that, but I don’t know much about such platforms, do you have any suggestions?

“What inspired you to create this?”
I get my inspiration for my movies from the “ZEPHID Universe”, which is a project of our band and written by my good friend Thomas Winkler.(there will be a Webpage soon) Of course I’m also a big fan of LOVRAFT, ALIEN and so on. But to put it simply, many scenes are also created by trial and error, testing and coincidence. Where exactly my inspiration comes from is really hard to say…

I hope I could answer a few questions for you! Many thanks and greetings

Many thanks! Without Evee, such a film would probably not be possible to render with an old setup like mine. You’re right, I know a few tricks in Evee by now, but they’re no longer secrets either ;). Kind regards

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

many thanks Bart <3

1 Like

The visuals, editing, sound are all top notch, great stuff.

1 Like