Object disappears when I attempt to render my image

Hello,

I’m very new to Blender, so please forgive me if this question is really simple. I am attempting to render a small logo I created. When I go to render the object, all that appears in the Render window is the black and grey tiled background, my object is nowhere in sight. Often times, Blender crashes as well. Does anyone have any insight?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rQuMzLmQtpqqhckGqhb2_A5AOpPj_cDn/view?usp=sharing

Here is a link for reference. Thank You!

TL;TR

Hi. I tried to render your blend and it instantly froze as well.

Your blend is has over 5 million vertices! (that is a lot)

A friendly tip, if your blend is over say, 100mbs you should look into optimizing your blend.
A file size of 444mbs is also a good indicator that a blend file probably isn’t in the best shape it could be in either.

Your scene also contains numerous converted curve to mesh, objects (I’m not sure why you need that many anyhow).

How to optimize?

1. Reduce curve Resolution before you convert your Curve objects to meshes

1. Use the Decimate modifier on your converted meshes to lower poly (and verticy) count

2. Use classic render performance tips:

3.1. Lower the render resolution - this probably isn’t the best idea for logos, but the option to do is open

3.2. Lower sample count
3.3. Disable post-processing, composing, etc

And many more tips for helping improve performance.

1 Like

Edit: Sorry I replied to the wrong person!

Well I got it to render but there are a few strange things in your file.

1 the mesh is extremely dense, but I do not think that is the problem if your machine can handle it, my rig is pretty old (old i7) and my gpu is bare minimum with 1gig memory.

2 as RPaladin said there are loads of curve objects (that I can not even see) so I put the mesh object of the letters (named “Curve”) into the main collection and simply toggled off the SenserClarkLogo.svg collection in viewport and render.

3 your texture, you can not plug the principled bsdf into the output volume socket so I unplugged that (if not your texture turns totally transparent.) the principled BSDF goes into the surface output only.

4 your world, you did not pack your hdri so I put a default one in instead.
I do not understand why you have set your hdri to “UDIM tiles” in the environment node.
Normally HDRI’s are set to single image.

Any way the good news is that it does render! :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT:
OK I think I have found the real culprit.
One thing I forgot to mention is that you had a subdivision modifier on the object, your object has 5 million verts without subdivision so subdividing it is what takes things totally out of control and is not necessary. I deleted the subdivision modifier (which was set to 0 in viewport and 2 in render)

I also deleted the GN modifier which was not doing anything but I would bet that it was the subdivision that was crashing blender.

2x subdivision will give you over 60 million verts!

4 Likes

Thank you both so much for your responses, @RPaladin and @DNorman! I was actually laughing as I went through the steps you provided because I am truly such a beginner, and your replies made me realize how far in over my head I am. ALAS your suggestions worked and I rendered the image! WOOOO!! Thank you thank you thank you.

1 Like