Object not rendering but visible in the rendered viewport

I everyone, I have a problem for the moment… I have an object (the bear) that doesn’t render in the render result but is visible in the rendered viewport.
The render visibility is enabled and it is not the material. Here are a screenshot of the rendered view and a render result. Does somebody know how to fix this?

WIP_2019-07-19

Does it show up if you switch to evee? There doesn’t appear to be anything wrong with the flags. I note the eyes render and they are on the same collection as the body “cube”. If you create a scene with just this object in, (save as then delete everything else), does it do the same. Create a new scene, append this object, see if it shows then. It’s a question of trying to isolate the issue.

Thanks for your reply!
I tried Eevee and it is not appearing… If I append it in a new project, it does not show.

I also tried to create a new object with the same materials (skin and hair) and the cube was visible in the renders… This is why I don’t thing it’s the materials. I duplicated the bear to see if it would work and it doesn’t show either.

Maybe I hitted the wrong button and I am not able to find what it was…

Do you have other ideas?

Can you upload a blend file here with just the bear object in so I can take a look and see if I can figure out what’s happening?

Yeah sure! Thanks a lot.

Here is the file. I put a cube with a material to make sure there was something to render as the bear is still invisible.
The hair is turned off in the renders but even when you turn it on, the skin is invisible.

invisible bear.blend (3.4 MB)

The issue is definitely with the fur. If you delete the 2 particle systems, the bear “skin” renders. Yep, you don’t have ‘show emitter’ checked in the render tab of particles for the ‘poil_fond’ particle system.
I’m guessing because, when you actually want to render the fur, you want to hide the “skin”, but if you disable the particles, you need to ensure that field is checked.

1 Like

wow! Thanks you solve the mystery :slight_smile:

For anyone using hardops/boxcutter, I pasted into the “cutters” collection and it had this behavior. Solved by pasting the object into a different collection.