Object not responiding to keyframed material changes.

Hi,
Noob problem.I’m testing out animating material values.I can change the value by hand, but, when I add some keyframes to the value and play the timeline,the values dont change.
I can scrub the timeline and the values change,the material in the preview window changes but the object doesn’t change.
I can also scrub the graph editor and the same thing happens.The preview change but the object doesn’t.
In short the timeline change the material values but I don’t see the change in the 3D window.Changing rthe same values by hand does.

This is in the render window.Ver.2.64.I’ve tries GLSL and multi-textured.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Bump.

Am I missing something really obvious?

Hi,
I’m using Blender internal.I had read all values could be animated with keyframes and some don’t.
I think I’ll play with it more.If I have a problem I can better define I’ll post it.
Thanks,
Paul

I’m using Blender internal.I had read all values could be animated with keyframes and some don’t.
Not ‘Everything’ can be animated, just most things. Also note that while you can animate some things it does not mean the 3d viewport will display those changes in real time. You may have you actually render the scene.

You have to be in Solid viewport shading mode to see the keyed mat settings that will update in the 3Dview (colors, spec, etc). Tip: Some things are a bit quirky in this area of Blender. Try view and mat shading modes first when things go wrong.

I think most if not all of Blender panels have been fixed so un-keyable settings won’t respond when you try to set a key on them.

Welcome to BA Forums.

-LP