Objects with same Material in CLO Have Different Normals in Blender

Hi everyone,

When I import the black part of this dress into Blender from CLO, there are 2 panels that do not follow the normals like all the other panels do.

In CLO, these 2 panels are the same fabric, exist on the same UV square, are positioned in the same direction (grain), and are exported all together with the other panels, but for some reason when I import them to Blender hey look different.

The panels under (A) should look like the panels under (B):

Here’s a close-up: the grey area should look like the black area:

What is going on?

I’ve uploaded both the Blender and CLO file here: https://drive.proton.me/urls/KBRXT9C920#IwwECMwiyoK3

Thank you,
Zed

In your material, your normal map needs to be set to “non-color”, or it won’t work correctly and will distort the shading.

non-color

1 Like

First off you have added the color ramp to the material connected to the color…all that does is over-ride the image texture…

The UV is a mess…
You have multiple overlapping Islands the base mesh is set up with UDIM tiles and none of the other islands match the image textures. You are using single image with a single UV map…

The island shapes are correct, but it is not being mapped to the image correctly…that needs to be fixed in CLO for the export to work correctly…
Here is the one panel and the UV map…

I did have to change the texture image as it was the only one embedded into the Blend File….

this maps the whole Texture image to the Panel…if I bypass the Color Ramp…and plug the texture image into the Base Color… the color ramp just darkens the lighter gray of the image texture…

Watch this…

Thank you so much, this solved the problem !

Hi RSEhlers,

Thank you so much for all of this. I really appreciate you going through my file and giving me all this feedback. To be honest I don’t know understand half of the things you said and I will research into it. Thanks for linking the video !

2 Likes