Ocean

This is my version of Andrew Prices ocean sim tutorial, I added the cliffs and the fog. Crits welcome.

Attachments

Wooo! very very good work!!! the sea very realistic!!

Great ambience!

Really nice! Love the sun shining through the clouds with the lens flare. I’ve never tried the lens flare, now you got me thinking. . .

It’s like a Déjà vu to watch the same renders again and again …

its is very good indeed, altough the water should have yellow/orange speculars instead of just white, it has to do with the original reflection of light.

i imagine you used a plane for the sky, so thats why its not doing it automaticalliy

but yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah loved it, I have always wanted to do some sea scenes in blenders internal.

ivanebeoulve, you are right about the orange speculars not being there. I hadn’t thought about it but this is because the lense flare is on a different render layer to the sun lamp. I will have to find a way to get the kind of glittering speculars you see in nature.

Radek, I know you will be seeing a lot of these nature academy renders but I posted it because it is at least a variation on the theme, rather than just the straight tutorial.

Thanks for the comments.