OctaneRender™ Blender 4.0 plugin version 2023.1.2 - 28.13 [STABLE] released

do the free tier support orb import and export ? is octane worth a try for a blender mesh + material import export from blender to unreal ?

I don’t have orbx scenes lying around, but i do see the option in UE4 for import and export.
But i had some problems rendering some of my assets in Octane. It’s supposed to be plug and play, Octane converts the UE4 materials on the fly for you before rendering, but that does not always work as intended.
The beta seems a little unstable for me. Could be my hardware tough, i have a shitty GPU.

So if i make a scene in octane, export it in orbx, import it in unreal engine and bake the scene in unreal i got a scene converted from blender to unreal just like that ? lightning ? camera ? material ? animation ? (if everything work)

Hi, you can export orbx with materials, camera, no idea it work in Unreal.
Second is abc for animations, was it Alembic?

Cheers, mib

1 Like

Did you set the cache type on the simulation to be OpenVDB? That is required for Octane to use it.

Like this?

1 Like

These settings are not available for me, everything is gray … :neutral_face:

Thank you!) Last time I did so and the smoke did not appear at all, but now it works)
But the shape of the smoke is very different in octane.

You need to save the file first for these settings to become available :wink:

2 Likes

I’m having some problems with volumetric fog, right now I’m using the volume medium node, connected to the daylight environment’s medium socket, the fog shows up but it’s the same throughout my scene but I’d like the fog to be less intense when it’s close to the camera and more visible farther away from the camera.

A simple plain will do the trick…

1 Like

Anyone been able to get octane hair working with this? Most of my renders use hair or fur, kinda need this lol.
Everything else seems to work okay, for now

Hair doesn’t work in this release. Also, don’t waste your time with skin shader, the mix node doesn’t work correctly.

And believe me, when all this works, it looks fantastic! :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m happy with my first experience in octane, missing some shader-nodes like (Curve, Split/Combine RGB, Vector & Normal & Math Ops…)
It’s fast and I enjoy trying things out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have they said hair doesn’t work? Because that’s literally 90% of most people’s renders. This is why i hanging onto my perpetual V3 license

I don’t know what they are saying since I’m not able to post anything on their forums. The image I have posted was made some two months ago when I bought a monthly subscription. I know how this should work yet I don’t see any strands rendered.

Wait hang on- you’re saying the OFFICIAL stable 2018/v4 Blender plunging doesn’t render hair?

The 2019 Free Tier blender plugin from a week ago definitely does not render Hair, cant figure out why, but are you saying even the OFFICIAL version included with v4/2018 ALSO does not render hair?

That’s a HUGE problem lol. Thank god I didn’t upgrade my V3 license SMH

It might work I’m not sure. If you have Facebook, please go there and find the OctaneRender Blender plugin group. I don’t want to take you to any wrong conclusions.

Hi All! Does anyone know how to get octane scatter to work or even where is it? In the Object Data tab in Octane Properties there is some kind of scatter option but since i am coming from C4D the options do not look familiar at all. Any info on this would be appreciated!
Thanks!