October Night

woah lots of replies :spin: :smiley:
the ground was a highly subdivided plane with a high quality bump map and a displacement mod and the leaves are seperate meshes
lighting was somewhat simple to setup but was difficult to get the settings perfect :spin: i had one mesh emitter inside of the pumpkin (ya i actually modelled the candle and flame inside u cant see it tho) and i also had a blue circle mesh emitter to be like the moon
and yea, 10 hours seems like a long time to render but im pretty sure it could have been done faster - i just left the render on overnight, so thats why it took so long (for those of you who havent used indigo, it doesnt ever really ‘complete’ a render, it just gets progressively better and clearer
ill upload a screenshot of it sometime tonight
thanks for all the comments/replies :smiley:

Freakin awesome!

I love this picture. The textures are great, the composition is nice. I like the details - the rake, the leaves… fantastic.

Very Nice!

5 starred, very nice! :slight_smile:

:spin: :eek:

Dang Jeepster, you got good while I was gone.

o.O

WHERE U BEEN UNCYCLO!? :eek:

Busy… really busy.

I think I’m gonna get back on IRC.

definitely gets me in the Halloween spirit (no pun intended)

yay! (@ both replies)

It was great. The proportions of the elements is irrelevant. In rickety old shacks these things weren’t considered anyway. You hit he nail on the head, it looks like some old house I’d be afraid of in broad daylight.
5Stars, excellent work.

Wow jeepster [] you got it in the blender.org gallery and you faked it under blender internal, VERY NICE WORK!

LOL
I did say that it was rendered in indigo…must have been their fault :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL!! good halloween i like it put a skull
:p:p:p:p:p:spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin:

Awesome picture!

my only crit is that leaves are too flat, especially the ones on the right… just a little bit curved and it would be… hey, it’s perfect already! :smiley:

Looks awesome Jeepster, sorry I didn’t see it sooner. Looks like you’ve made indigo your, uh, subservient wench. heheh. Great work.

thanks everyone! :smiley:
looks like i finally got up to 5star avg…in the middle of november :stuck_out_tongue:
:edit:
awwwww! who did that!? >:(

WOOOOO!
thought the thread disappeared but it didnt yay!

I think is great!

thx gioprof :slight_smile: