"Ode to Trignac"

I’ve always admired Gerard Trignacs art. The grandiose and mysterious tones he’s able to capture in his pieces are really incredible and captivating in my opinion. So I tried my best to recreate one of his pieces in 3d! :smile: Hope you like it! C&C is very welcome, thank you for checking out my render!

39 Likes

What does c and c stand for?

That looks great.
Things in the clouds and the com spots in the water make me think some work was done in post ? Not that it matters, really looks good. The birds where a nice touch.

Constructive Criticism.

2 Likes

Hi Collin,

I’d agree Trignac has many fantastic pieces. Le Mur being one of my favorites. Nice render too.

2 Likes

@SidewaysUpJoe

Thank you very much!! the only thing done in post is color grading and a simple vignette, the calm portions of the water are actually made with a mesh textured with a png of foam, and then shrinkwrapped onto the surface :grin: and glad you like the birds! They were added last minute so I’m glad you noticed them! :laughing:

@pxlpaul

Hey Paul! He certainly does! He’s definitely one of my inspirations! Thank you for the nice comment! :+1:

@anon54986897

C&C means “comments and criticism” as far as I know :laughing:

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation.
Sorry for scribbling on your work; how did you get the swirl-ish looking cloud in just one spot ?

1 Like

Yeah no problem man! So, funny story, the procedural cloud material I’m using has a tendency to create weird lines in the volume, no matter how much I crank the volume settings. So In post, I like to just smear the lines a little bit to make everything smoother. The swirly bit you circled is probably just a side effect of the smearing. :+1:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Sorry, I forgot to add the link:

1 Like

You’re #featured! :tada:

1 Like

Really awesome !
I love it :slight_smile:

You are very close to Trignac’s work except maybe ( if i can afford a lil comment ) that Trignac’s drawings use to look a bit ‘hazy’ ( prolly due to his technique ).
Maybe you could give a try a giving your render a lil less perfect with some athmosperic scattering ?

Anyway, congratz and thanks for this nice piece of art !

Happy blending !

2 Likes

Good to hear from you again Bart! Thank you for the feature! The love is greatly appreciated! All the support just fuels my fire to learn and improve more :+1:

@pitibonom

Thank you for the very nice comment! Yes I definitely see what you mean, will for sure keep an eye out for that on my next piece :grin:

1 Like

the mood, contrast an the sky are awsome. i like 3d black and white pictures . i guess they are rare :wink: