Okay I give up on PyDrivers...

So here’s the thing. I have a shot in a short film that I have changed the time-mapping of in After Effects. Thing is, I matchmoved the un-changed shot with Syntheyes, and now I have the un-changed camera solve in Blender. I know exactly how the time remapping was done on the footage (ie matching the source frames to the new frames), all I can’t figure out now is how to get blender to speed up the motion of the camera to match the sped-up motion of the shot.

I have a dummy object (a plane) and I’ve animated the x position to match up to what the source frame SHOULD be for the camera. For example, at frame 46, the camera needs to be where it would have been at frame 56.11157.

I can’t for the life of me figure out how PyDrivers work. I’ve looked all over for some kind of REFERENCE for scripting and blender, and turned up NOTHING, except what would appear to be an extremely helpful list of functions and objects… were it not so ridiculously outdated/inaccurate. Why the hell is what’s in in the console (the bpy.data.whatever crap) SOOOOOO different than what I keep seeing in various places with extremely simple (read: NOT HELPFUL) examples of pydriver expressions.

Anyways… \rant. What I need is just an expression that takes a piece of data from “Camera01” (like LocX!) BUT from the time (frame) specified by the X-coordinate of the plane at the current time.
So maybe the code would look like: Camera01.getIpo().get(“LocX”).evaluate(Plane.getLocation[0])
RIGHT??? I know that’s nowhere near syntactically correct (I don’t know python, just Java at the moment :frowning: )

Okay one more rant… what the hell is Blender.??? Looking in the console I have to go through bpy.data.object… blah blah, and NONE of those functions listed here are on there. http://www.blender.org/documentation/249PythonDoc/

A quick suggestion… copy and paste your problem over in the Coding forum… not sure what your doing is going to get any response in the Rigging section… especially if your wanting to write code for it… I’m betting you will have better luck getting some answers over there…

Plus … you have to realize… Blender is a community effort… the program changes and improves way faster than people have time to write ‘how to’ and ‘reference’ information for it… That’s just the nature of the beast… It’s the price we all pay for “Free and open source”…

Bah! There it is. I looked briefly for a coding forum before I posted but still managed to miss it. Thanks!

And sorry about the attitude. I was pretty frustrated when I posted that.

no biggie… that’s what I like about Blender and the whole ‘open source’ community thing… people are always willing to help and understand the frustration because we have all been there… most people in other forums have a monitary stake in their software and it is understandable when people to what to beleve what they spent hard earned cashe on a ‘perfect’ Program … With free and open source that anxiety goes away…

Keep working with Blender … it really is a great program… it gets better every day… so fast in fact we all have trouble keeping up with it… LOL!

Have a good one…

p.s… I see your from Texas…