Old command some-what similar to knife tool?

I once used Blender, working on various hobbies, however I have not used it recently. I made an attempt to start playing with it again, and to my surprise not much had changed. However I could not, for the life of me, remember a certain hotkey. Perhaps it is no longer used? I am not sure, but I would like to know what it is/was.

The key was used in Edit Mode, during which, when pressed it would sort of act like the knife tool (K). It made a line across the face perpendicular to whichever edge I happened to have my mouse hovering over. And I could use the scroll wheel to add or subtract the number of lines I wished to add. On confirm, I was then able to move the line left or right (parallel to the edge the line was perpendicular to) or I could simply leave the new lines centered.

I apologize for the lack of information that I know about this tool/command/key. But I found it very useful and it, for some odd reason, escapes me on what the tool/command/key is called/is.

Crrl+R = Edge Cut and Slide

Awesome, thank you very much! For the life of me, I could not figure it out :p.