Old rust lantern

My latest work in blender. All texture procedural except all and flame textures. Review and critics are welcomed for improvement.

Node for rust

4 Likes

Somehow the rust effect seems to disappear on parts which are illuminated by the flame. I find it strange.

1 Like

Cool. Were you working from the procedural wear and tear paper from blenderinsight.com or where have you been learning materials?

I do have some critiques. Your model is solid. However, it isn’t separating from the background and it is hard to read. You can either strategically rim light it, or just use a “contrasty” backdrop. I would suggest the former to keep the “mysterious” look your going for. Or, if your computer can take it, add volumetrics.

Nice work

1 Like

Great job ! Rusted métal is fine. The only thing I can say is, on my way, the lantern glass seams a little bit thick.

1 Like

Yeah. Am currently working on my texturing skills being new to blender and also having a lot of dissatisfaction after rendering cause am bad at texturing.

I really appreciate the feedback. I’ll try to add some rim lights. My pc is pretty low end so getting accurate visual feedback while work is a problem.

Those places are coincidentally less rusty. Or maybe its the effect of the denoiser.

Really? I actually kept the thickness at .2m

@Neode.ba I finally got the chance to take correction of the rim light.

1 Like