Oldman-- Walk Cycle-added pg.2

This guy here is a product of about 2 weeks worth of work. He started out as the star for an animated short I am creating, but since this is my first animated character there were a few flaws created early on. This is my first project using Armatures, UV Textures, Vertex Animation… the list goes on. He is almost finished as far as being rigged for animation, so I am going to use him to create my first walk-cycles and so forth. All in preparation for the short that will be “Bessy & Newman”. I have learned a lot already, so any comments are welcome!

A still!

http://www.gregory-marshall.com/BloggerPics/OldManStill.jpg

A short flick!

http://www.gregory-marshall.com/BloggerPics/NewmanFaceExpTN.jpg
<click thumbnail>

Enjoy!

haha! thats cool! and funny! good work! :smiley:

one thing:
the shoulders are too far apart. :x :x :x

he he, one of the msot out of proportion people i have ever seen.

but not bad none the less.

it is generally considered more correct to make the heaed larger than the body :stuck_out_tongue: but hey who am i to judge what is right

Alltaken

Your animation is very neat, and …eee… good :smiley: You have nailed all the principles nicely, IMHO.

Yeonil

What’s IMHO?

What’s IMHO?

In My Honest Opinion

Yeah the out-of-proportion look was intentional, wanted to give him a more ape like look. Even though I will admit I might have pushed it a wee bit too far… but should make for some odd looking movements when I start doing the walk cycle… which could be good…

Thanks for the comments keep 'em coming!

great work,the ears need some more work,i like the character.

He looks great. Maybe give him some suspenders. I think the wide shoulders make him look more physically fit and might take away from the aged look of his face.

Looking forward to seeing the final animation. How close are you to having a walk cycle in place?

He is all rigged for the walk-cycle, I should have it in the next couple of days. As far as the ears go, I was playing around with a few styles, I like these fine, but they won’t make it to the final character. Yeah, the shoulders do give a mixed signal as far as his age, which I did do intentionally, but that is another aspect that will most likely not be seen in the final character.
Thanks for the input, I won’t be messing with Oldmans appearance any more, but all your suggestions will help shape the final character!!!

hey i really love the style! hahah the name tag rocks too, thats really well done, also i see the texturing youve done on the shirt is quite exceptional around the collar and joints, cant wait to see him in action =D

Oh I always thought it was “In My Humble Opinion”

[quote=“fitchmicah”]

Oh I always thought it was “In My Humble Opinion”[/quote]

It goes either way, I suppose. I’ve always known it as “humble” though.

Anyway, great job on the old man character. Can’t wait to see that walk cycle. :wink:

Oh I always thought it was “In My Humble Opinion”[/quote]

It goes either way, I suppose. I’ve always known it as “humble” though.

Anyway, great job on the old man character. Can’t wait to see that walk cycle. ;)[/quote]

thanks to all for the spiffy knowledge.

His shoulders are too wide and his arms are too long. The name tag is a great touch though :slight_smile:

I love it, and the animation looks realy cool.
He looks so funny

I managed to find some time to throw together a quick Walk-Cycle. This is my first one so there are certainly things that can be improved, so I will play with it some more.

http://www.gregory-marshall.com/BloggerPics/OldmanWCTN.jpg
<click the pic>

Enjoy!

thats neat!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! breath HA!

That’s great!!! I like it alot, very funny. (and yet sad at the same time… awww… poor oldman :frowning: )

It looks like he wants to have something in his hand(s) as he’s walking, almost like a walker/cane(s) of some sort.

Go out-of-proportion bodies!!! lol

This is great…looks like he cant control his big feet.lol This guy will be great in a scene. Does it really matter if cartoons are out of proportion a little?