One Fateful Day: A Masked Avenger Episode 1

One Fateful Day: A Masked Avenger Episode 1. A superhero I made up. This is his beginnings. I made the animation in blender using planes and rigs.

Attachments

A toon rendered animation using blender. One Fateful Day: A Masked Avenger episode 1. Any critiques or feedback is welcome. Im still a little new at this. Its my second animation.

Really nice. :wink:
Very funny as well. The only thing that bugged me was his shoulder outline being too short, so sometimes there is this errorish looking thing on his shoulder appears.
Do you want to share how you did it? Did you use the Freestyle edge system?

Loads of questions. :slight_smile:
I’m currently working on a similar bproject, but with an entirely different approach and theme (It’s a commercial for the company I’m working at)
But it’s also toon style. If that made any sense at all.

Not bad! So was this created entirely in Blender or did you use other software along side it to make this?

I used sketchbook to draw each part of the body. And GarageBand for the music. Everything else was blender.

Well, you did a better job than me when I tried to create a 2.5 animation for my class project. I had to create each and every part of the cartoon character and the dog that came along with it. Then, I had to import the PNG images into After Effects, parent and pre-compose the characters and then animate them while they were in layers. It was nuts!

That’s awesome, really funny. I’ve been looking everywhere for a way to make outlines like that, could you explain how you did it?

I draw each part of his body in sketchbook. Then i import the pngs as plains. Then i scale an line up each plain. I rig them to an armature.

Ya i need to work on the shoulder for the next episode. Thanks for the feed back