ONE LIFETIME (short film contains explicit images)

ONE LIFETIME
is an older studentproject I created with some friends. To that time I was really interested to create a painted looking style. It was bevore blender has intigrate Grease Pencil.

We all tried to learn 3DsMax at that time and used it for some scenes for this short film. But after we finished this project, we were all clear Blender fans and we still are.

3 Likes

Very stylish. I love the way the characters look like clay/stop motion characters. And I‘m a big fan of mature content in animation (which too many people seem to reduce to cute kids stuff). As macabre as it is, the animation in the shot of the babies dropping onto the conveyor belt impressed me a lot.

Thank you for your feedback. After I posted the video your comment is the first feedback I get.
I also like animation short films with more seriosly subjects in it and I think this kind of content is not so easy to share like cute pixar stuff.

How did you rig the robot arms? I‘ve been working on tentacles but I haven‘t found a good method yet.

BTW If you are interested: I posted my own project recently: "The Hare of Cthulhu" - Chapter 3. It has three episodes so far and is also not kid-friendly (chapters 1&2 in particular).

I wasn’t quit sure cause some other teammember was resposible for the robot rig. In only worked with them in the proces of animation. But I ask my team and it’s like I thought: just with splin IKs. With the following tutorials it will works. I watched it in the past for an other project.
The first tutorial includes nearly all of the magic. In the second one you can see how they join an empty as controler. So start something cool with this information and send me a message on vimeo if you have something to show.