Afternoon study | One Of My First (Partially) 3D Animated Projects!

Hi everyone! Up until recently, I’ve mostly been a Flash animator, but I just started learning Blender a few months ago. It’s been a blast! I’ve begun incorporating 3D animation (alongside 2D) in some of my freelancing projects. Even though I have a few newer ones where I’ve incorporated more 3D, I wanted to present for consideration this project I did for up-and-coming lo-fi hip hop channel Forgotten Chipmunk (#LikeCommentAndSubscribe XD). It’s a simple loop with 3D and 2D elements.

The palm tree and the bullet train I created in Blender Render, while the distant buildings, mountain, and elevated track I modeled in Cycles Render. Everything else (including the diffuse glow effects), were made in Flash.

I’m still pretty new to 3D — I look around here and see some absolutely gorgeous work, realizing that I would probably have to work MUCH harder to catch up :smiley: — nevertheless, I’m curious as to what people think about the Blender/Flash-fusion style? Peace and God bless!

2 Likes

Really nice work here! Love it. If you like to do 2 dimensional animation, blender 2.80 now has grease pencil configured for this, which I find very easy to animate with… You should give it a try!

1 Like