Onkyo tx-nr585

Modelling and lighting practice. Also, no images used :smiling_face_with_tear: … lots and lots of modeling/verts/faces/objects.

601 objects (mostly because of the digital display), 1.35M faces. I have this tuner, so I could see how things were shading and reacting to light. I was able to utilize the anisotropic sliders which is pretty cool!

There are plenty of little things I left off that the actual tuner has on it (various logos, modes, etc in the display area), but I’m pretty over it.

45 Likes

I liked very much. good job!

Thanks a lot!

That looks amazing.

Thank you!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Excellent! Thank you!

1 Like

Wow! Fantastic work!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve got a similar Onkyo; you’ve pretty much nailed it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, I have this one. The product PDF helped a lot to place things on the front. The side and top details had to be measured by hand.

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Love the lighting! Kinda reminds me of those 90s-.00s magazine ads where i would dream about electronics i could not afford :joy: nice work!

1 Like

Thanks. I tried to use a backdrop and have HDRI do the rest for the front/side lighting. No luck there. I spent a pretty long time rotating and tilting HDRIs and wasn’t getting what I was looking for. The look I ended up is done with 4 area lights at various distances and colors on a reflective black backdrop/ground.

1 Like

This looks like it’s right out of a brochure. Great job.

1 Like