Online Accelerator add-on

Just gave this a try and wow. This is really cool!

The RayPump client reminds me very much of the Rebusfarm Render Manager. It uploads fast, it downloads quick and it renders in an instant. Despite the limitations right now (mainly no animations) I can’t really complain, the service is free and that is just amazing.

It will probably not be a replacement for RenderStreet for me (it actually can’t be right now) but I can definitely see myself using this for quick test renders and the like :slight_smile:

it keeps saying “Failed to send scene” :c
It was working yesterday

Yes, there is a nasty bug, that pops up from time to time (but rarely, and that makes it harder to track). It will be addressed in next update, hopefully.

Well, that is the reason to call it “testing phase” isn’t it? :slight_smile:

Hiya, I’m using the Windows version, and tried on a default new scene, but I am also getting a failed to send. I have disable the firewall but still no joy. Really looking forward to using this.

Separate question. I kn ow it cant do animations at the moment, but can it render a single frame at say frame 127. Or does the render always have to be at frame 1?

Hi. First - sorry you’ve been not able to transfer data. There is some issues with certain user configurations, which block the file transfer. Cannot give details yet, as I don’t know them :slight_smile: But it should be fixed soon - about 3% of users suffer from this issue.

Secondly, as mentioned in FAQ:
- no animations - only first frame of the scene gets rendered*;
so only frame number 1 is rendered. It is worthy to make sure you on the frame 1, before you schedule a job to RayPump. Just to know that what you see is really what you gonna get :slight_smile:

Third, - today we had to make a maintenance break (earlier than expected). Service should be back on-line in few hours.

Cheers,

We’re back on-line, for happy testing weekend :wink: Cheers!

OK, I’m happy to hear that some transfer issues has been resolved. If anyone of you still experience “infinite transfer time”, check your firewalls not to block ports 5015, 873 (tcp).

Ohjin, thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

Okey so i have 2 questions first. How it looks safty i mean that when i send a project how much 100% i have that my project will not be somewhere in few days later or somethink like that.

What servers are used?

Here are my test results:

Same scene for both,

start to finish on my comp took 7 mins 10 secs.
From the push of the send button to the image being ready to view in my Renders folder via Ray Pump 2 mins 30 secs.

So I am very impressed.

But most of my work uses EXR multilayer format. Swings and round abouts :slight_smile:

Such a short question and, well - I think I should give a longer answer - because this is natural drawback of on-line services in general. So there you go:

There’s a page about data safety here. To make things faster to read I’ll put a conclusion below :slight_smile:

I’m actually the only person that have legal access to data transferred by users (except the user’s access to his/her own data, of course). I use this access ONLY to provide the RayPump service.

To provide such quick uploads (like few seconds for few hundreds of megabytes) for scene updates, system has to keep the last copy of your blend file. So those files are kept for as long as you use the service.

Some of your data get copied around the system. Those files are deleted once the job is done. Again - I’m the only person that has (potential) legal access to it.

Well, I’m not the marketing guy, so I must say: there is no such thing like 100% secure data. Files can be stolen from anywhere, that includes your/mine/his computer.

If you have any proposals, what could I do to make users feel safer - or better to make data actually safer - share your ideas! :slight_smile:

Also, I have to add, that all the legal and security stuff is not 100% ready - simply because it is somewhere in the middle, just as the whole service itself!

I’m really hoping, you didn’t expect me to say: “yeah, c’mon guys, I guarantee 100% data safety”. I can just do my best - and I’m doing :slight_smile: Conclusion? At this point you should avoid sending data that has a real, actual value (in terms of privacy etc), despite nobody here wants to steal the property.

For the second question: for testing purposes RayPump uses Teslas 2070. Why do you ask?

Cheers,

Your time results sound great - good to hear things work for you (despite firewall issues at the begining).

I’ve done some testing with multi-layered EXR as the output from RayPump. It worked great - you could easily do the post-production on the file just like it can be done with internally rendered image (so, all the Diffuse/Direct, Environment, Glossy/Indirect, you name it);

The only drawback: those files are tent do be huge - like 100MB per frame.

So, like for animations - EXR output is not likely to appear as part of the free RayPump. Later it will be a part of the RayPump Pro (or UOA! - Ultimate Online Accelerator, as I call it;) )

I hope you understand, it would just eat to much of the resources.

Cheers,

What hardware do you use or how does RayPump work?
I gave your service a test run and it works pretty well a lot faster than other render render farms I uses with up to 8 times faster.

Could there also be an indicator of the progress of the render job so one might know how much time elapsed and how much time might be left?!

It would be slightly more work on my end, but I could do a ‘localized’ render layer render in PNG, so its not the end of the world.

Great to hear it works for you (fast) :slight_smile:

There are several ideas and request to improve interface, but - to be honest - it is not a priority ATM. Surely, I’ll try to make some improvements here and there with upcoming build (end of next week, probably).

As already mentioned, current testing mostly uses Teslas 2070.

yep thats what can run on mac hardware as well :RocknRoll:

This is a really awesome addon! I wish I had this the other day when I spent an hour getting a render done for a project.

Do you happen to have a max resolution size in place for these? The render I spent an hour on was 2560x1600, and I fed it into your program and got back an image that was 1920x1200. Granted I never go past 1080p on personal projects, but it’s just something I was curious about and wanted to try out.

The good news is that it took your program all of 2 minutes to get me back my image, which is quite impressive! I’ll be using this more often :smiley:

in their FAQ they say that the maximum resolution is 1920x1080 (1080p)

Guys, I’m making a “User’s Voice” box that is already visible on the RayPump.com website. It contains some of your opinions (hopefully all of them, as they all pretty positive :wink: ).

If any of you would NOT like to be listed there - let me know and I’ll remove his/her entry. Is that OK?

Didn’t give a try yet but sounds so cool! I was wondering, dumb question, you said you’re using Gpu rendering. What if a scene exceed memory of your card? I mean, can you render several gigas memory scenes? Or maybe it isn’t for free version and might be for Pro version?

EDIT: second question, is it possible to send the same scene with a different seed setup, to be able to merge it later in compositor and achieve a 2000 samples render?

Thanks

Size of the scene that can be accepted depends of GPU’s memory, of course.

Sending scene with different seed is possible. You’ll get two PNG files as result. If that helps to get rid of the noise - great.