Online Accelerator add-on

Well, that’s strange - I test RayPump on Win7 64bit as well. Are you sure, you have customized your system tray to display RayPump icon?

By default Windows 7 tend to hide all the tray icons, unless you specify which programs you want to keep displaying (and on what conditions). Simply select Customize->Show icon and notifications. This is Win7 specific I guess (but I far from being not Windows expert :o).

Maybe there is a programmatic way of changing it during installation of the application - but since RayPump does not have installer - setting it manually is the only option.

I hope that helps.

The concern is of course valid.
But also keep in mind that when you want to efficiently texture imported STL models you will run instantly into trouble.
That is an area where MOI with NGONs and perfect UV layouts really cut down the uv unwrapping and texturing time.

Also why do you use STL and not OBJ in the first place??

It’s not like there is no icon; there is just no visual texture applied to it: http://i.imgur.com/XGlwLaW.png

In what aspect is it easier to unwrap an OBJ compared to STL? Aside from the fact that the latter is heavily triangulated, I don’t see the difference…

Unfortunately, Inventor doesn’t support OBJs by default, so STL is the only viable option. There is an add-in from Sycode that enables Inventor to export OBJs, but according to a few sites, it does basically the same thing as the native STL exporter - triangulates the entire solid.

STL does not support UV unwrapping.
The OBJ format comes native with it and the MOI meshes are perfect.
But this only makes sense when you need to simulate wood or brush patterns etc…

Huh. That’s interesting. I’ve managed to see that on XP (virtualized), so it is a bug.:eek:

I think this issue should be fixed. Please, test your scene once again and let me know if it works as expected.

Cheers :slight_smile:

I can also confirm the invisible icon bug on Windows 7 x64

I’m confused. Are you saying you cannot UV-unwrap a mesh if it’s imported as an STL? I’ve done just that in the past, and haven’t experienced any particular problems.

I can confirm that it works flawlessly. Good work! =)

@Daccy: Glad it works :slight_smile:

About the “missing icon” - sorry guys, it was my fault - current version in the Downloadsshould work fine (let me know if it does).

(edit: like it could be anyone else’s fault… :slight_smile: )

Remember tune from the “Darkman”? :wink:

“He’s comin’, he’s comin’, he’s here have no fear
stay by his side and he’ll take you for a ride
He’s comin, he’s comin, he’s here have no fear
Darkman is back, Nana is here”

Well, it’s not actually HERE, but it’s coming. RayPump for Mac:

Icon’s fixed now, but after your last update it either fails sending a scene (with that error message) or just infinitely tries to. Checked the ports; they are both open. Help?

As far as I remember, the code for data transfer hasn’t changed much with the last update.
Have you tried to temporarily turn off the firewall, and check if that helps?

Does anyone else experience the scene send failure with the newest update (while it worked with the previous version)?

Currently I’m on traveling around the country, occasionally trying the RayPump here and there, on different computers. Seems to work fine, but I’ll investigate your problems more, once I get back.

Of course if you manage to find out what causes problems, please let me know.

I have given this a whirl on Ubuntu 12.10, and quite frankly once animation comes into the mix, if the prices are reasonable I fail to see how you could go wrong.

It was simple to set up, and worked as advertised. As I have posted in your forum, there are some rough edges, but all of those are purely related to the RayPump GUI, and it is incredible that at this early stage it is a very, very effective, simple and really fast way to render via a farm.

Thanks for the reply. It works now.

I would just like to say that I love this addon. I don’t have a fast computer so this is great to render my renders. Renders that take a few hours on my PC take a few minutes with this plugin.

Thanks for the plugin and please keep on developing it.

To my understanding you would have to UV unwrapp the STL mesh in Blender. CAD data can already be exported as an unwrapped mesh when selecting OBJ. So when you open it in Blender it is ready to be textured.

Yay to RayPump for Mac

Sorry for sounding stupid but do I need a gpu for this to work, as I only have a netbook and was hoping this would help.

Not at all (for sounding stupid and for having GPU). :slight_smile:

BUT you have to login to RayPump with other user name. Unfortunately site accepts Pete @r (and it shouldn’t) and this will not work with data transfer (at this stage). Try simpler user name e.g. Pete :slight_smile:

wow, just did a test run and everything works great for me.
thanks a million!

Hey Ray

so when you upload a file you will switch to GPU rendering by default if the scene settings allow GPU usage?