Only random section of mesh appears in render (2.79)

Got a problem mesh. When I go into render view (cycles) or hit render, only a random part of the mesh appears in render. When I rotate around in render view, bits and pieces appear and disappear. This is the only mesh in the entire layer/scene that does this, so it’s not a global setting like clipping, and remains when all other objects are removed. Feels almost like a boolean intersection with something, but there’s nothing there. Problem repeats on prior 10 versions of the model, and only goes away on a prior crude placeholder mesh.

I’ve got no clue why it’s doing this. Anyone any ideas?

I’ve included a file with the mesh, and two screenshots material and render.

Only random bits of mesh appear in render.blend (851.4 KB)

I think it is. The blades are like 580 meters long and you have a clipping distance of 100 meters for the camera, which is not setup btw. Clipping is not global though, all 3D views as well as cameras have their own clipping settings.

You’ll want to limit the range of the clip though, keep the range magnitude fairly constant. Use 0.001-100 or 0.1-10000, but not 0.001-10000.

Along with @ANTIcarrot and clipping distance…You had almost all the render passes turned off…in the outliner… you have only one basic light and with a model at this scale and a basic single lamp…it does not get any light.

Scale down the model and then apply scale…set your camera to view…it was your basic camera and pointed to just about nothing.