OpenGL for vista?

Hi, I’m looking into OpenGL development and I found this site ( http://www.videotutorialsrock.com ) which I thought would be good, except the website that he links to get OpenGL ( http://berkelium.com/OpenGL/sgi-download.html ) has 16-bit installer files (I’m running 64-bit Vista Ultimate), so they don’t install on my computer.
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a new installer (or binary) of OpenGL, thanks…

(this is my Makefile output for his ‘cube’ example, I used cygwin to run the Makefile):

[email protected]_hp /cygdrive/d/doc/GL_tut/cube
$ make
g++ -Wall -o cube main.cpp imageloader.cpp -lglut
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x13b): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x151): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x1a5): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x1c0): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x1cf): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x1de): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x1ed): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x1fc): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x26a): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x279): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x281): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x2ab): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x2c2): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x2d1): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x2d9): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x2f8): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x32e): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x38c): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x3aa): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x3da): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x3e9): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x40b): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x42d): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x461): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x48c): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x4ae): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x4d9): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x4fb): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x51d): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x55a): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x58e): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x5b9): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x5ed): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x60f): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x631): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x66e): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x6a2): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x6c4): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x6ef): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x723): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x745): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x767): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x79b): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x7c6): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x7e8): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x80a): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x835): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x83d): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x849): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x861): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x880): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x89f): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x8c1): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x8d0): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x8f2): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x90b): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x93f): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x958): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x983): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x99c): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x9be): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x9d7): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0xa02): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0xa24): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0xa3d): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0xa7a): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0xa93): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0xac7): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0xae0): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0xb0b): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0xb24): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0xb58): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
/cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0xb60): u
ndefined reference to [email protected]' /cygdrive/c/Users/Tanner/AppData/Local/Temp/ccXX1gmY.o:main.cpp:(.text+0xb6c): u ndefined reference to[email protected]
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [cube] Error 1

[email protected]_hp /cygdrive/d/doc/GL_tut/cube
$

what are you trying to install?

IIRC: OpenGL runtime driver (ie. dll files) comes with Vista and your graphics card display driver, there is no need to install them.

OpenGL dev files (ie .h, .lib) are available as simple zips without an installer. Google for them.

I don’t mean to be a pain, but I’m googling my heart out for the development stuff, and all I can find is linux and Mac stuff, did you have a particular site in mind? thanks…