Optical Illusion Contest [VOTING]

This thread has moved from the general chat area to the brand spanking new Contest forum.

:smiley: This is the voting theread for the Optical Illusion Contest :smiley:

The gallery is at

http://www.selleri.org/Blender/

And follow the link to the gallery. There are 10 entries, three of which are mine, but I donā€™t think it is fair to participate to a Contest Iā€™m organizingā€¦ so they are not in the poll options :stuck_out_tongue:

Voting poll has a 7 days lifetime.

Cheers,

Stefano

:frowning: My name is phillip, with 2 Lā€™s (not philip) itā€™s my nickname thatā€™s phlip, with 1 L, and a missing I.

Sorry :frowning:

updated to the correct nick :wink:

Stefano

and i think you wrote the sentence a bit wrong. itā€™s: IN this contest do you preFERE

Grrrā€¦

/me thinks it is time to stop going to bed that deep in the a.m. portion of the clock (at least outside weekends)

Stefano

Nice illusions - my brain hurts :wink:

ā€¦

It seems that my entry (112k) was lost in the mail (wrong email address, perhaps?) :frowning:

Itā€™s nothing elaborate - just a simple, convincing, optical illusion.

:frowning: Iā€™m really sorry :frowning:

Iā€™ve checked my mailbox twice but I canā€™t find any mail from you, but my e-mail address here on elysiun looks rightā€¦

Nice image! Iā€™m not sure if I should add it a posterioriā€¦
voting has already started :frowning:

Stefano

Iā€™ve checked my logs, and the entry email got at least as far as a machine called ā€œdiefi.det.unifi.itā€.

Donā€™t add my picture - I missed out. Itā€™s sad, but Iā€™ll live :wink:

why does everyone like jbelancheā€™s the best? i mean itā€™s a great render with awesome lighting, but as far as an optical illusion, itā€™s rather simple, not nearly as complex as soem of the others.

Hi Valar King!
I think the same!: my work isnt the best at the galleryā€¦too simple for a optical illusion. :smiley:

cheers,

Javier

Maybe itā€™s just me, but if itā€™s a contest, shouldnā€™t each person be limited to one entry instead of a few people with multiple images?

Well, I posted all that I got (except for ectizen, sorry again, and the machine you are quoting is one of my University, so I canā€™t understand why I never received the e-mailā€¦)

After all also CurtiS allowed multiple entries!

Stefano

Thatā€™s pretty much why I voted for it. Itā€™s simple, well-lit, doesnā€™t have extra to detract from the illusion, and has a good texture.

Actually, my favorite was #2 because of the simplicity, but I couldnā€™t vote for that.

I think #10 would have been better without the Terragen background.

Thatā€™s my $.02. It would be interesting to hear otherā€™s comments.

exactly. iā€™ve voted for jbelanche too. it may be a simple illusion, but the mood is much better then the others.

Roel

same here

Hermā€¦

Iā€™m not going to tell whom I voted for, but you might guess :slight_smile:

By the way,

WHY only 38 votes out of 555 community members???

Stefano

Me I voted for theeth, his stair just made me dizzy.

Good job everyone
:slight_smile: pofo

wheeeeeee!

Martin

Stefano, I wasnā€™t able to vote because the voting buttons just donĀ“t appear in my browser (tried Mozilla, Konqueror, IE and Opera). I guess my IP was registered once years ago, and now the server believes that I already votedā€¦ I donā€™t knowā€¦ maybe this happened to more peopleā€¦ anybody ?

For valarkingā€™s dissapointment I would have vote for jbelanche ! :smiley:

Ooops, after a while I realized what was the problem ā€¦ have to log in BEFORE open the threadā€¦

Sorry valarKingā€¦ I did it :wink: