orc head wip

This is a orc head I have been working with, I havent textured it yet.

http://www.geocities.com/turkerud/orc.html

Coments??

Can some one tell me how I can make realistic looking skin?? Tut??

Thats cool. The only thing I really think needs to be changed is the teeth. They don’t look right. I like the expression, it looks like hes been staying up to late and drinking to much coffee. As for the skin texture, I think the best way is to hand paint one. I have a hand painted texture for an orc I made a while ago, I havent applied it yet. I will post just the texture to give you an idea of what I mean. But I am at work so I cant until I get home. :frowning: So give me a few hours. :smiley:

A great start! First of all, it would be nice to see a side and 3/4 view. I agree about the teeth: they could perhaps taper more from the bottom instead of being tube like. Also, the mouth looks a bit like he (she?) is smiling. I don’t think that orcs do that too often. Oh ya, and try red or darker eyes. Bright blue eyes make him look like a good guy as well.

thanks for the replyes.
I will try to make the theets look better.
Can some tell me how I can get realistic looking skin???

oh, sorry turkey, I fogot to post the pic. :frowning: well, anyways. Skin has blemeshes and all sorts of spots on it. it also depends on what you wan’t the skin to look like, wet or dry. Usually skin has very low specularity unless its wet. And a bump map is very important, a face has all sorts of dimples and spots. Look a a nose for example, it has little “holes” all over it, but a forhead doesn’t, it has tiny wrinkles. Thats why I recommend a hand painted texture.