Orc study

WoW! :wink:
Drums of war thunder one egain!
Smashing work!

Dude these are off the chain. Nice work. I have a question about the mountain range, did you sculpt them yourself or did you use ant land? I need to start working on my sets & if ant land looks that good I may be saved hee hee. :joy:

follow some links references

Thank you.
I used some addon and worked on them.
But I did not finish the scenarios because they, because I imagined to use them with blur and the character covers most of the scenarios.
there are some links that assit to make the scenarios.
I would like to thank them for making the videos.

Ok, so 2 things:

1. that’s where I tend to prefer the Warhammer design, as it shows more fidelity to medieval forging techniques:
    http://www.svein3d.com/uploads/2/7/6/7/27671999/ork_picture1.png
    but that’s obviously personal taste.
  2. still, when I compare your shoulder pad to those in these WoW cinematics, I still find them more believable. I’m not 100% sure why but here are the possible reasons:
    • they are layered and the individual pieces don’t seem to be proportionally as thick as yours (in relation to their size)
    • the surface still seems to show some hammer imprints
    • they have taken battle hits
    • they look less round and have more angles and straight lines
    • they offer much more protection

Thanks for the references and tips.
As this project is a form of study, then I make some orc to the orc, following the reference you gave me to see how it is.
I know that’s not quite what you had in mind, but I quickly altered the textures to get a bit more rustic.

2 Likes

Wow that is very quick!

I quite like it although I think it doesn’t have to be so rusty. It’s ok to have it shine imo.

Thanks everyone for the opinions, suggestions tips. I thought about launching some images in the finished projects, but I will still have some studies and post here. So as I finish, I’ll add to the finished projects. If possible I hope you continue with your comments, because they were very valuable and useful.

I just relooked at the first render. You’ve come quite a long way dude. The orc too actually. The first one looks like he’s ready for battle and the last one looks like he’s gone through a lot.

Some really amazing stuff, love it!

Looking awesome!! Great piece.
Congrats!

I’d love to see your skin texture setup. This is to awesome not to ask