Our Eternal Cosmic Requiem

I can just agree with other: it look like real clay art (no just sculpture). Well done Mattimus

Hmmm… I just don’t like this one… saw it earlier when it wasn’t in the gallery, and I was so confused why people like it… it’s too simple, there’s no real talent in it… maybe its just me, being a perfectionist and always doing realism renders… or trying to anyway

Does it come in 1680×1050? I would love to put it as a wallpaper? :slight_smile:

Gratz! Is the right big planet Nibiru? :smiley:

EDIT : It’s just odd how much the part of the picture shown in the banner looks like a crab…just like the last banner. :slight_smile:

I don’t pretend to be some kind of art connoisseur, but this is definitely pleasing to the eye.

this looks balanced and i’m glad you made it into the gallery. sporting warm colours / hand made vibe and a subject that is open to interpretation :slight_smile:

Oh yes!

You sir, get a click :slight_smile:

Nice.

beautifull in deed… congratz. very original.

Wow, now that’s what I’d call wicked. Friggin’ sweet mate :smiley:

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, so glad to see it made banner and gallery!

I’ll definitely consider making more pieces of similar style!

Amazing, it’s so hard to do something original now-a-days, usually every thing some how copies something else, but this is,well, I think ,it’s Unique.Awesome work!:yes:

too cool, i like it

Very nice. I’d love to know more about how the texturing was done on this piece.

Well…this one came a little bit too early, maybe you could have won the BWC 2010! Or did it inspire the topic?

Congrats

Great job doing something unique with Blender, NICE!

Agree with portia12 :slight_smile: Very good job and I’d like to see some material settings too!

This is fantastic, well done for thinking outside the box and producing such an original look. I love it. Please share the secret of the clay look with us :wink:

very nice
his style remember like aztec or mayan style

Hi all, thanks for all the positive feedback!,

I’ve been away for some while, but will take the time to answer some questions.

I took a number of photos of clay and stone textures, combined them, and applied a paint daubs filter on the texture for the base, pretty simple really. Gave it a nice earthy look, rendered with some soft shaders and ambient lights for extra warmth.

I don’t think I looked at BWC even once, must be coincidence!

I like it. like a painting