Out for a Waltz

looks almost like an actual photograph… and OMG the node set up… :spin:

-Nita

Beautiful image! The node setup for the skin looks crazy, I have to take a closer look to it.

Thank’s for sharing!

Pixelshatter, excellent work!

Incredible work!! I would just like to ask a question. What are those Attribute nodes doing? What are they referencing?

Is there any chance we could get a .blend file to learn from this amazing artwork?

Mad respect!

As a pianist I have to +1 this, it’s really close to the real mood.

Awesome work!

Awesomeness!

It is awesome hand work!

That is just beautiful.

Congrats you just made everyone here feel like shit…

Perfect! Like wow this is by far the most realistic art work I have seen so far.

Love it, great piece of work!

Wow, thank you all for the incredible feedback!!:slight_smile:

They are referencing Vertex Color Maps (see the “Data” Tab in the Properties panel)
I like to use them to control aspects of the material without having to UV map the object.

I am not sure about posting the whole blend file on the internet… I might set up a file for demonstration purposes when I have time though

Of course the hands look great (surprised it’s a procedural material) - but also very nice job on texturing the piano keys!

Very cool work, beautiful result, and thank you for sharing the insight into your process there. I also like to use vertex color paint to control and variate output, nice application!

This is awesome!

Great work. Very nice sculpt and composition

Super job ! Love the hand ! Please check out my work on : www.blackthornprod.wordpress.com

I want to know How you rigged it!
Im working with a hand myself as part of a learning process. Tried to rigg it with bones and weight-paint, but vertices going everywhere even though they are painted blue (0 weight). If you know any good tutorial, please let me know. I tried the easy-rigging https://vimeo.com/11703344. Not working as video. Believe one problem might be the lacking of a bone in the hand, thus making finger bones easy modify the hand. Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Awesome work. Very realistic +1

wonderful job! It looks amazing. I like the hand model so much!