Out for a Waltz

Question - could you post a screenshot of your riggin (if such exist). Interested to know how and where to put bones in a hand.

Nice one. Congrats!

Well, the rigging part was actually not as complex. I only rigged a very basic hand mesh to get the pose I wanted and then applied it. Knowing that I am going to the most adjustments in the sculpting pass I didn’t have to be too accurate about the rigging, but I will attach a blend file with the rigged base mesh:

Piano Player_Base.blend (1.36 MB)

For those who don’t want to download it, here is a screenshot where you can see how i arranged the bones(similar to the actual anatomy of a human hand):

I parented the armature just with automatic weights which was enough for what I wanted to do with the base model.

I hope that helps:)

Really a beautiful work!! Congrats!! :slight_smile:

Wow, looks absolutely beautiful. You got the materials spot on and the hair on the arm really sells it. Amazing.

It’s technically brlliant of course - but all the same, there’s something slightly creepy about it too.
Reminds me of a classic horror film: The Hands of Orlac

Wo:eek:ow, that’s amazing

Wow!! Very nice!!

Beautiful render there, great work! :yes:

Awsome work . . salute . . .

And can u show the vertexcolour where did u painted other vertex color ??
as shown for nails . .

awsm logic in nodes . Great job
I had finished nodes . . But little confused about vertex color for cellsize and other . .
And thanks for sharing

Hi, thanks again for all the awesome feedback!!
I was quite surprised by the constant positive comments:)

Yup

As you can see the Vertex Color Maps dont contain any painted details. I just use them to control how the texture is generated through nodes or to get some basic input.

Thanks again and u deserve it bro . . Keep it up .

Amazing work! That has to be the most realistic hand render I have seen. The hair, tendons, veins, they’re all accounted for. I love how the piano looks, too!

I must ask: Are the notes that are being pressed in the image taken from an actual song?

I actually used a music video as reference for pose and lighting. The notes played are a basic Dm.
The Song is from a german band AnnenMayKantereit and it’s called “Barfuß am Klavier”

Simply stunning! I never would have realized it was not a picture.