Out of this world Rigify Bug

Does someone have a rational explanation to this behaviour ?

Really wild.
It makes the mesh not aligned with the bones if the hand is rotated, even with fingers in neutral pose:

Thanks !

If anyone is brave enough to poke that bug, I’ve prepared a blend file to test & compare before and after:

So it definitely comes from the mesh, likely the skin, as linking the mesh data transfers the bug too, and not linking the rig.

Yea no wildly unexplainable…
same rig, same weights (apart the face/chin) and just the right hand gradually glitches…

AH… found something, the person who did the skinning tweaks probably used some mirror function, and as far as I know they’re totally unreliable in blender, as it just breaks everything.
I guess we’ll just backup via dropbox and redo the face skin tweaks, and forget all this… really strange still… finger weights are just fine visually…

yea some very small values have been added to the right arm by some blender mirror function:

As well as possible mirroring/symmetry issues. Double-check the brush settings. If it was set to ‘Projected’ instead of ‘Sphere’ while working on smaller details in the face, it could be shooting all the way through the body and getting limbs that you don’t expect.

The weights do look weird but I’ve never seen Weights do this.
I would also check the Modifiers for anything weird, e.g. two Armature modifiers.
Also, automated shapekeys.
The Dropbox link doesn’t seem to work.