Over The Bridge

Having fun with some style exploration and animation :slight_smile:
Khloe and Kibble are going on an adventure.

rendered with Eevee.

animated shot on vimeo:
https://vimeo.com/622196792

Here is a vertical composition - I thought this could make a great movie poster :blush::

and here’s the movie poster without the text and a little camera move - for this one I froze the particle animation of the petals:

Lastly a square crop for the thumbnail: :blush:

=======================================
Instagram: @ sonjachristophart

I also teach an Introduction to Blender class on Schoolism :blush:
**** click on the link ****

35 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

I love the movie poster the best. The bright particles are nice. I feel the characters getting lost and overwhelmed by the background in the first. It brings out some feelings of pre-3d disney, and they had some techniques to bring the characters out of the environment, but I don’t really have any ideas right now. The environment is the awesome part of it. In fact the 1st image I think, without context, would be just as nice solely environment.

I found space for the characters in the foreground

BTW huge respect for original IP, or is this an existing story?

Also you can hopefully get the 1st vimeo to embed:

The function of the first shot is not about introducing the characters but rather about telling the story of them traveling to a new place. It’s an establishing shot. We would have gotten to know the characters before this shot during a sequence where they were most likely getting ready for the journey. After this shot we cut to a reverse to reveal the city they are going to.

The movie poster version is more about the characters hence the change in camera focal length although, in all honesty…they are still a bit too small for this movie poster to ever get through the approval process but I still liked it. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you Bart :blush:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

This is utterly beautiful, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much!! :blush:

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I think if we have already been introduced to the characters then seeing them in a new environment makes sense. I think that was just my impression because it was like being introduced and I was trying to get a feel for the characters.