P-51 Mustang VFX shots

This is a book trailer I recently put together for my old history teacher from way back in the 7th grade (yeah, it’s been a while). I used Blender, Terragen, and Fusion for the VFX work, but also relied heavily on practical effects where… well, practical.

Hope you like it!!

One of the VFX shots:

BTS with cockpit rig:

10 Likes

Impressive work! Loved every second…

1 Like

Great job!! Very well done. In all areas - shoot, CG, comp!

1 Like

Great job, Where did you get the cockpit at? or did you build it yourself?

1 Like

Thank you! The cockpit was actually the most time consuming part of this project. I built it and the gimbal with a friend at Dallas Makerspace.

The instrument panel was also kind of a project in itself. This is an early test of some of the instruments, with the iPad acting as a control surface:

That is incredible, amazing work! You really have some serious skills both in vfx and filmmaking in general!

1 Like

I absolutely love this. CG is great - but only for the right purposes. Real craftsmanship is still better for some things.
I deeply respect, that you did not choose the ‘easy’ way, of doing everything in CG.

1 Like

Stellar! That’s a great looking book trailer.

1 Like

That is a great job, Sort of like a 1 to 1 scale model kit. I can think of several flight simulator pilots that would love to have a talk with you.

1 Like

Wow, great job !! I particularly like your job on the practical effects apart from the Blender impressive job.
I want to see more !

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like