P38 LightningBolt and the Ornithopter - Challenge finished!

Love the 9-38 VTOL, but just going back to the description of it… althogh you probibly know, and mostlikly dont care, il say it anyways, towards the end of the war, the Germans did devolep jets, and stuck them on the ME262 (adds to “should render but never will” text) but with a shortage of supplys, it was just a little to late.

Katsuro

Brilliant modelling dude! - No crits!

One small design question… If the props are so far forward of the wing and there’s nothing providing vertical lift at the back of the P38, ain’t it just going to fall on it’s back when you try to take off??

this challenge ended up in beautyful works!

The blades need not be a midpoint on the craft, just on the center of gravity, so you just need to put a lot of weight on the front

Well the voting is closed.

Ecks won by 3 votes (out of 63) his was the p38 lightning.

I have now released my concept scetches, this shows the development of my thought process’. As you develop ideas it is also normal to spend more time on each drawing (hence the crap half finished ideas at the begining)

http://elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60073

Congrats to Ecks who is a big french man-lover who likes George Bush :stuck_out_tongue:

Alltaken

Congrats Ecks.

Awesome work as well Alltaken. These are two of the nicest models I have seen here in some time.

BgDM

First of all … brill models ! Love them both.

Second, if you could share the standard file that’d be cool … I am just starting again with Blender after a long absence, but 2.40 with it’s fluid simulator attracted my attention again, but I could use a good default file like you guys use.

It would be appreciated immensly :slight_smile:

o.0 you really should get into the gamemaking world…

who both of us?

i am already making a game OpenTTD :wink: (google it if you don’t know what it is)

its all 2d, but oh well.

Alltaken

congratulations ecks, what a great contest, thanks for letting me and the teams hang out.
the signature is up, because i’m a man of my word and i will live to fight another day, because that is what champions do…

the scarry part is they both actually look like they are aerodynamically sound. I think some one should build an actual model of both. great work on these models. awsome.
:smiley:

Thanks everyone!

I must say this is a draw for me and alltaken, the 3 votes more don,t mean much to me, his model was totally awesome and more original in many ways than mine.

for more fun go check the thread over blender battle:
http://battles.mudpuddle.co.nz/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=387&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
and BE SURE TO READ PAGE 4 AND 5!!

thansk to everyone for their participation and help. Be sure to check the WIP section, BgDM started texturing the P38 and Nayman did an awesome Paintover on one of my render. It’s all in BgDM’s thread over there! I think MrNightmare will be texturing Alltaken’s model too. So, stay tuned!

Dont encurage me…

Beautiful work…breath taking!

Oh and for anyone who wants to win some cool prizes, there is a new Monthly competition at Blender Battles that i hooked up with Respower as a result of Ecks and My battle.

http://battles.mudpuddle.co.nz/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=78

The more people who compeat the better the competition will be.

Alltaken

i like the bird robot one.good work! i do suggest more colors in your textures though. :smiley:

nothing to crit these are awsome.

Just kick ass modeling/concepts here, both of you have done an incredible
good job on this i´ve to say. Looking forward to the texturing BgDM just began…

(Me also likes the “paintover” Picture that Nayman has done…, pretty cool…)

Bye, Olaf.

when this is a modelling only challenge, it’s pretty hard to add more colors…

there are no texture at all on these one, just modelling and some very basic grey/white colors.

tx everyone for the kind comments :smiley:

Acutally I have a few crits, first of of all…

Just kidding. Simpy incredible work!