P90 Texturing help

I need help texturing my P90. I plan on using this P90 to make my very first game. I’m VERY new to Blender. (I just got it a week ago.) I want to know if there’s an easy way to texture the gun using GIMP. Also, helpful tips are very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
TehPenguinz

P.S: The gun is also made into three different parts.

P.S.S (or P.P.S…or is it P.P.S.S. Who cares? XD): If you need (or want) to see screenshots of the gun or the picture I used as a reference, just reply saying so.

post a pic with the wireframe on so we can see it

As m9105826 said please post at least some wireframe pics but the more the better.

The first step of course would be to UV unwrap the mesh before even messing with Gimp. As far as an easy way I guess it would depend on what you consider easy. After UV unwrapping the mesh you can export a generated image of the map to use as reference in Gimp. Then you either paint the texture or use reference images to “reconstruct” the texture…

Another extremely helpful technique is to model a High-poly version of the weapon and sculpt/model the detailed parts to be baked into a normal map and possibly AO map for the diffuse.

Sorry for the long wait. I didn’t really understood what you meant when you asked for the screenshot, so I posted 5 pics and the blend. Hope it helps you so you can help me XD.

Attachments

p90.blend (212 KB)

@afalldorf:
I’m sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. I know UV Mapping but unwrapping and High Poly objects? I heard of Low-Poly objects and how you can use them for BGE. I’m confused. :open_mouth:

I’m sorry to say, but you have a way to go before that model is ready for any kind of texturing work. It has countless overlapping faces, double vertices, and it should be all one mesh instead of several different objects. I know you probably don’t want to hear it, but this is a project that is only going to frustrate you if you try to push on with it using the skill set you currently have. I highly recommend doing the beginner tutorials on the Blender website, and then messing around with the different tools on your own for a while. After you have build up more knowledge of the program, you will come back to this and be able to knock it out in no time at all.

You thought that I didn’t wanted to hear it, but thanks! I guess I needed that constructive criticism. I’ll follow your advice and wait til I’m done with those tutorials. Thanks for the help.