Pack Resources issue

Hi, Im new to blender. I have accidentally deleted my pack resource folder. When I tried to pack it again it says “No new files have been packed” And I have unpacked it and removed. now it says “Packed files” but the pack resource folder doesn’t appear like before. Could someone help me.

Welcome :tada:

Blender can pack all associated resources into the blend-file… ( so one don’t have to make any archive files to exchange these )…

While working on this it is more convenient to unpack this ( mostly in a folder for example textures)… the afterwards saved blend file uses this data in the filesystem… ( then you may also pack this again into a new blend file… for archive or exchange purposes…)

So if you have deleted this folder any newer blend file doesn’t have access to the deleted folder/files (except if you can recover it from the trash folder)

But any older file still have those packed into the blend file… so you just have to ( maybe make additional backups of you data now :wink: and ) unpack any older file → rewriting the folder…

I hope this helps to understand the “packet jinn” of blender…