Pagani Zonda F Finished

Background definitely wrong for that /nod

@rickyblender, haha, i noticed that, there seems to be tons of cars being done lately :slight_smile: its good to see though xD

@writersBlock… grrrr…

Still looks very cool, even at a lower amount of samples.

i do quite like cycles, i think it makes amazing looking clay renders especially, i have my first model finished for my ‘secret project’ and ive rendered it with cycles and looks really realistic despite having a cartoonish theme

well things have been a bit slow lately as ive also been working on a secret project (will be posted in finished section once its done)
But i got back to it today, and hears a couple of renders.

Looking excellent!

thank you xD ive just finished the headlights, now for the wingmirrors (as you can see there not really normal wingmirrors lol)

Doesn’t look very strong, that’s for sure. LOL. I do like the carbon fiber. Did you know they make cellos and violins out of it as well?
http://www.carbonfibercello.org/carbon_fiber_violin.html

Just for useless info.
How’s the secret project coming?

haha, yeah looks a little flimsy but carbon fibre is incredibly resistant as it flexes instead of snaps like metal does.
awesome, i bet there pretty lightweight instruments, and look cool, imagin an electric guitar like that xD my racing bicycle has carbon fibre wheels and forks :smiley:

its coming along slowly, because its a complete change from what i normaly do im having to learn so much at first, but once ive learnt it all im sure it will start coming along alot faster :slight_smile: hows your coming along?

black car is this a photo or real cycles?
show the mesh

happy cycles

post #69 is a photo lol, post #71 is a cycles render lol :slight_smile:
btw an interesting piece of news about distributed rendering here

intel has been doing this kind of rendering i think for the military in US for almost 10 years

that’s why they have become so much involve with GPU chips
and now they are coming out with the new Knight chips GPU this spring which i guess will beat everybody else on market!

just hope we can use it with blender soon !

happy cycles

just found these tut on cars
if needed to get better topology

http://3d-synthesis.com/tutorialsenglish.html

http://darkscarab.com/resources/index.php?categ=archive

http://www.carbodydesign.com/tutorials/3d/
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=199398

have fun with cars

salutations

Yep, we’ve been fed by what’s already considered old on the cutting edge front. Still, it’s not bad at all. Might be a bit costly but that’s another story. I did not believe in 3GHz CPUs when told way back, yet they’re here.

As for BURP, i rather do silently on renderfarm (as peeps report - quite greedy on your resources) than naked on public immediately.

Lets see how good it really is, clay renders can often hide flaws as you need reflectivity or spec to really see if a surface is smooth or not.

please do the following and post

1. set render to BI
  2. set up a simple material mid grey RGB diffuse (.4,.4,.4) intensity about .5 or .4
  3. spec should be set to phong intensity about .6 or .7 with a light blue tint to it
  4. object mode, smooth shading and sub surf at least to 2
  5. screen grab from as many angles and post the interesting ones here than we can see how smooth she is.

It just fits instruments and cars.

Glad it’s pushing you to learn more!

Mine is basically finished and I actually did rigging for it! Yey! Basic of course, but I enjoyed it.

It’s currently rendering at HD, so I’m waiting to see how the nodes respond (they should behave, since the resolution stayed full, put at 50%, so I’m hoping it looks the same, only at a higher resolution, if not I probably should redo the node settings).

all this talk on nodes is melting my tired brain >_<

@rickyBlender, thank i’ll hbave a look at those tuts and see what i can improve :slight_smile:

@eppo, yeah i still remember my old single core pentium 4 clocked at 3.2GHz and i thought technology will never beat this lol.

@tyrant monkey, ok will do, im not working on this model anymore tonight but in the morning when im nice and resh ill post some shots for you.

@marius, wow, that was fast lol :slight_smile: is it completely finished or is there still detailing to do?
on mine so far ive spent about 6 hours and im planning on about 86 hours, so only 80h left hehe :wink:

don’t know what it will be with next PC with 22nm lines coming soon this spring
speed will probably be higher again !

but it keeps moving on

intel is probably already working on the next PC with may be 10 nm lines
and what is next may be down to 5 or 1 nm line
what the speed will be is ! faster

happy 2.6

1nm is going to be a problem, as is likely to be a few higher due to electrons leaking across paths (or whatever it’s called).

not certain don’t remember what the minimum limit is with the new X ray mask
may be it is 1 nm which is allready alot more then what was supposed to be the limit
and now they are beginning to use 3D vertical transistor wiht this new 22 nm

but again they could go with a new Architeture and use 128 bits instead of 64
so we don’t know yet what the limit is

and don’t see where it is going to stop yet !

only time will tell us !

but it’s fun to see intel brigging new technology with faster speed less energy and new features

happy 2.6