I am trying to use the texture painter to both paint a color texture and a normal/height texture.
My trouble is that this is a two step operation, and alignment is difficult to maintain.
In the image below I have painted two textures (radioactive symbol, cracking concrete) as well as a normal map textures onto an unwrapped plane.
I can’t figure out a way to paint onto both textures simultaneously and must switch from:
- select radioactive color texture for brush.
- select color texture slot in texture painter.
- move mouse to position and click to paint .
- select radioactive normal texture for brush.
- select normal texture slot in texture painter.
(Making sure camera has not moved)
- move mouse into last position as close as possible, click to paint normal highlights, pray it was aligned…
It’s a lot of steps, and dragging is out of the question…
Is there a better way to create these textures???
I am using GLSL shading so I can use one of the textures I am painting as a normal map similar to this video: